R I P Micheal angelis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R I P Micheal angelis

Died yesterday aged 68, best known for boys from the black stuff and Auf wiedersein pet but also the voice of Thomas the tank engine..
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Re: R I P Micheal angelis

Wasnt to sure who he was until I googled it up I'm sure he was in other programmes but cant think

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
      Died yesterday aged 68, best known for boys from the black stuff and Auf wiedersein pet but also the voice of Thomas the tank engine..
      i shall always remember michael as Helen Worth's Husband (Gail Tilsley/Platt/hillman/McKintyre) from Coronation Street and as the Tax-Man on Bread in Series 5 when Graham Bickley took over from Peter Howitt and had the challenge/task of being joey and also being in debt to the Tax-Man

Michael in that 1 Episode played the Tax-Man to a Tee with his sharp Liverpooludlian wit I thought and an honest apprasel of a Tax-Man in being straight to the point (as you'd expect0 but also highly saracastic tinged with good wit

RIP Michael Angelis

Comment

I will always think of him as the Ringo Starr soundalike, hence his stint narrating Thomas the Tank Engine. His brother Paul Angelis sounds like same.

Does anyone remember that Sun Pat peanut butter advert from the early 1990s with the "our son, Pat" baseball narration? Yes, I thought it was Ringo Starr as well...

Also, is it true that Angelis's name was a pun on Michelangelo? In the same was that Gilbert O'Sullivan's name was a pun on Gilbert and Sullivan?
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X