Now That's What I Call Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now That's What I Call Music

Did Anyone Collect the Vinyl Albums Of Now That's What i Call Music.

I Have A fair Few Lps and some Cassettes to and The Cds.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: Now That's What I Call Music

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
    Did Anyone Collect the Vinyl Albums Of Now That's What i Call Music.

I Have A fair Few Lps and some Cassettes to and The Cds.
    I have the first one on LP, checked the value recently hoping it might be worth a few quid, it was...about a tenner
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I only had the first one on vinyl. Someone gave it to me on release.Never bothered with the others.However my sisters did continue to build on the collection.

Somehow reminds me too much of the old top of the pops albums that everybody used to have.

Comment

I was a bit too young to get the earliest ones. But I can remember getting Now 8 on CD one Christmas (Christmas 1986). I was over the moon to get it as my Dad had just recently got a new HIFI (which had a CD player on it). I can remember it was the first CD I ever owned
        Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I still have 3-7 and Now dance '86 on vinyl and 8 and the first Xmas album they did on cd. Picked up the odd one here and there over the years mainly for parties or bbqs. I've also been buying the re-issues on cd and will do up to 8.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

The Now XIII album from 1988 was borrowed from a friend, and I still remember the tracks on there.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Another person here who owned Now 8 on double cassette...

I also remember buying Now 32 on CD for a bargain price - I remember it featuring a few great songs of the time.

Comment

Now you can also find them in old retro stores. I bought a few records some months ago. Indeed, the earlier cd editions are rare, but unfortunately, they are all scratched and not preserved. Of course, you can listen to songs on different media, but I always have a special affection for disks. My son plays on drums in a rock band, and he ordered a drum machine from singularsound.com. They want to release their first CD, which will help them simulate the necessary sounds. It's amazing how much modern technology can afford.
                Last edited by GorsoSurthis; 28-06-2021, 16:34.

Comment

The earlier cd editions are quite rare, not so much the early Vinyl as millions were pressed

Comment

Does anyone watch the Now channels on Sky (361 to 363)? - some of those songs come up on there from time to time.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It seems that most bands release 1-2 successful albums before their creative potential disappears. It's my opinion that these bands are one-hit wonders. Those people who appear in our time, take advantage of the glory and profits, and then disappear disappear into oblivion. Years later, I enjoyed watching "Karaoke night Challenge" on Challenge TV, as well as Suggs and a monkey.

Comment

The NOW Yearbook 79 has a good combination of songs, especially on disc 2. I might go to HMV to get it the day after the Queen's funeral.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                        X