Thread: This programme is dedicated to... Who has sadly passed away since filming.

Default This programme is dedicated to... Who has sadly passed away since filming.

DYR when this was quite a common voice-over on the ending credits of TV programmes?

I think the first ones I remember were for David Nixon and a cast member of It 'aint Half Hot Mum.

A bit of a dark thread I know. But does anyone else remember these being read out?

Default Re: This programme is dedicated to... Who has sadly passed away since filming.

I can’t remember a dedication being read out but usually there’s a still at the end with some text.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Default Re: This programme is dedicated to... Who has sadly passed away since filming.

The final episode of the second series of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet (Quo Vadis Pet) saw an introduction by Tim Healy who played Dennis, dedicating the episode to Gary Holton who played Wayne.

Dr Who normally acknowledges the passing of any former cast and crew.

This sort of thing seems to happen with documentaries, in particular the ones with war veterans being interviewed.

Big Break had an elderly contestant on the show and Jim Davidson mentioned over the closing credits that he had since passed away.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

In the American sitcom, Barney Miller, which aired from 1975 to 1982. In the 5th series a whole episode was dedicated to actor Jack Soo, who played Detective Nick Yemana.

Here is a quote from the series:
    Will you describe the [stolen] car, please? Black fenders, silver doors, green hood, polka-dot seat covers, monkey-fur dashboard… maybe it wasn’t stolen; maybe it ran away.

Jack Soo
    (1917 – 1979) Japanese-American actor

Recently I saw a Four In A Bed with caption at the end mentioning that one of the contestants had since passed away.

Last Christmas Channel 5 showed a programme on Christmas songs made a few years ago, and since it was made a few of the contributors are no longer with us.