X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Vera Lynn

Dame Vera Lynn has passed away at 103

Re: RIP Vera Lynn

This is very very sad news indeed about Vera passing away and quite a shock too as I thought Vera might live a bit longer, though sad as it is 103 is a Grand Grand regal age indeed i think

Though i'm no fan (but have been to War Re-inaction weekends) I am not a fan of that era of music, but just like with Doris Day ... you can not help be moved by Vera's Songs - We'll Meet Again and They'll Be Bluebirds Over (The White Cliffs Of Dover), one of many songs I was sung to sleep with as a young Whippet Snapper!!

The line .... is either Tommy or Jimmy "will go to sleep in his own little Bed in his own little Room again" is beautiful and pre-found beyond words thinking ack to all the Kids suffering in the War

Additionally Vera does an amazing version too of Abbas "Thank-you For The Music" that I found out about earlier on

RIP Vera Lynn

Comment

Good innings...RIP Vera, respect due!
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Very sad indeed r i p vera 103 she had a long innings.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Another Gone Rip Vera Lynn

https://youtu.be/3hEusM2lORg?t=3

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

She felt like she was going to live forever - a pity that she passed away during the 75th anniversary of the VE Day celebrations.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
            X