Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Just Thought of something.

Hello Everyone.

i just wondered if they should be a 1960s section.

i think that would be great

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: I Have Just Thought of something.

I would love that good idea

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
      Hello Everyone.

i just wondered if they should be a 1960s section.

i think that would be great
      Best post ever!..The owners of DYR should give this serious consideration
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

This has been suggested quite a few times in the past. It's not something Admin is interested in supporting. However you are free to start threads in members lounge where anything non 70's, 80,s and 90,s can be discussed.
        Heather

Comment

Personally, I think that the 1970s and 1980s are decades have more stimulating memories to talk about on rather than the 1960s - in the 1960s most TV programmes were still in monochrome for example, which loses a dimension when it comes to memories, but I think that the 1960s doesn't pair up with the 1970s as much as the 1980s does.

Firstly, the 1960s is further back than the other decades and so one would have fewer memories than later decades; and secondly, one feels that the 1960s is limited and conversations will almost stem from subjects such as The Beatles, miniskirts, JFK's assassination, Armstrong on the Moon, etc. The monochrome feel of life limits interest that later decades have. I would be more interested in flares, decimalization, and tasteless fashions rather than what happened in the previous date - the fact that the 1970s was the decade that taste forgot makes that decade a lot more interesting than the 1960s. Now that sounds more interesting to me.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X