The First Live Gig You Went To??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The First Live Gig You Went To????

1985, INXS, Melbourne Sports + Entertainment Centre. Seats down on the floor (we stood up the whole time). It was awesome - Michael Hutchence had his long curly hair, black leather jacket with short sleeve denim jacket over the top and skin tight black pants. The music was good too. It was teenage-girl-heaven.

Comment

Queen in Manchester was my first live gig

Comment

supergrass at a village hall in aylesbury or abingdon. Packed, very hot and the drummer needed oxygen - brutal first time!

Comment

Originally posted by Gothic View Post
          I saw The Stranglers in 1983 at the Colston Hall in Bristol, we organised a trip from school and went in the school minibus with a couple of teachers.
          Mine was the Thompson Twins too must have been the same year at Liverpools Royal court

Comment

First proper gig, discounting Kenny Ball and his Jazzman playing the bandstand in Harlow town park was

OZZY on the Ultimate Sin tour.
            One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Bet you've never heard of them...

The Incredible String Band at Sheffield City Hall in 1971.

My brother was a big fan (joss sticks, would-be hippy and all that) and my mum insisted he could only go if he'd take me with him. I was 11 and he was 18. I can't imagine him being thrilled about me going, particularly as he had 6 or 7 friends with him.

What do I remember about the gig? Absolutely nothing!

However, the experience did get me hooked on going to gigs. A few months later I went to see Family (brilliant!) and by the time I was 14 I'd seen Gary Glitter (socially acceptable at the time), David Bowie (with the Spiders), Mick Ronson - RIP - with the Spiders (but without Bowie), Slade (twice) and Paul McCartney and Wings.

None of my mates had been to see live bands, so I was considered to be very cool.

Happy, happy days.

Ian D
              Ian D

Comment

I've also seen Lonnie Donegan and Brian Ferry but not at the same time.
                One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

ELO, Wembley Arena, 1978, Out of the Blue tour. Big space ship and lasers. I was 13 and I thought I'd just walked in to the future.

Comment

went monsters of rock from 85 I think to 90 seen some great bands there, but it was quite heavy going, chuck berry bristol colston hall 91 ,that was awesome, he was very professional,equipment went wrong so he just jammed some blues stuff singing and telling stories, jokes etc... that was the best 1, musically I think beth orton at hall for cornwall must be my favourite gig, seen hundreds of others
                    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

im not ashamed to say because he was and still is a world class artist....but i went to see George michael (faith tour) N E C 1987.

it was brilliant by the way

Comment

my first ever live gig experience was David Cassidy at the Empire Pool, Wembley - Saturday 17 March 1973, you could hardly hear him over the screams, but it was an experience I never will forget

Comment

The Thompson Twins, Glasgow Apollo, Spring 1984.....it was almost a religious experience I couldn't believe how good they were....the lighting, the sound, the atmosphere...alright I had no benchmark but I started going to loadsa gigs after them and I still think it was one of the best gigs I ever went to....apart from maybe The Smiths !

Comment

My first was an embarrassing one. Olivia Newton John at the Manchester Apollo on the Totally Hot tour in 1978. My dad was well into her and used taking me as an excuse to go and see her.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Mine was Wet Wet Wet June 1988 London i was 17.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                                My first was an embarrassing one. Olivia Newton John at the Manchester Apollo on the Totally Hot tour in 1978. My dad was well into her and used taking me as an excuse to go and see her.
                                nowt wrong with ONJ branny

Totally beautiful, with the voice of an angel
                                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
                                X