The First Live Gig You Went To??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The First Live Gig You Went To????

The first band I went to see was Culture Club at the Top Rank in Cardiff!!! I think it was around 1983! I still remember what I wore...I think leg warmers were part of the whole image too!! Scary!!

Comment

Alvin Stardust. I climbed on stage to tell him I loved him . Of course that was before Sparks introduced me to lyrics that make you think .

Comment

Beastie Boys and Run DMC on the License To Ill Tour, Brixton Academy, 1987. I went with a mate and he bought a t-shirt and went to the toilet to put it on. I never saw again that night, and he had my tube fare back to Camden. So I stood next to Simon Bates and Steve Wright and had a blast on my own.

Got outside and called my sister's fiancee and had to wait in Brixton for him to come and get me in the car as you couldn't get a taxi in Brixton in those days. Two guys came over and started checking out my clothes, and I swear the only thing stopped them from mugging me was the Run DMC badge I was wearing on my jacket. Their last line to me was, "You should be careful round here, mate. People like you could get mugged."

I was bricking it all the way up to when the car arrrived.

Then later that year I took my then girlfriend to see Five Star. We didn't last long after that.
        Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

My first gig was Bon Jovi, at Birmingham NEC Dec 1989, ears rang for days after, probably explains why my hearing's not what it was because it got me hooked on live bands

Comment

Hi everyone, i remember when i was about 16 years old going to see the glitter band and the band called showaddywaddy, {i think that is how you spell their name}, if i have spelt it wrong someone let me know please, i seem to remember that these groups were very very good, i went to see them at a barn dance not far from where i lived, glad i did go and see them,

Comment

Bros did this secret one off gig in croydon circa 1988, i remember trying to clamber up on to the stage was only 13 so so it was an exciting moment with my other school mates
              "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                Alvin Stardust. I climbed on stage to tell him I loved him . Of course that was before Sparks introduced me to lyrics that make you think .
                Alvin was my first gig too. LOL!
                He sang My Coocachoo to me at the front. What a thrill!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                  Alvin was my first gig too. LOL!
                  He sang My Coocachoo to me at the front. What a thrill!
                  Alvin was a sweetie , didn't take himself seriously at all. It must have been hard keeping up the mean and moody look when he was fronted by hordes of screaming, crying, 13 year old Alice Cooper lookalikes (did waterproof mascara even exist back then?).

Comment

Hi all, crackin forum, my first post.
                    Back in the 70's i was at college in stockport, they used to have weekly bands on, one week i decided to go, a piano player was on first who was brilliant, then the move came on who were excellent, who would have thought that piano player would do so well, his name,,, Elton John, it was one of his first gigs

Comment

My memory is not what it used to be, so i'm not quite sure which came first. Either Salvation (who then became Slik) at the Glasgow Apollo or The Glitter Band in the Isle of Man in 1976.
                      sigpic

Comment

Skid Row supporting Slade at Leeds Uni ... 1971 or 1972

Comment

The Misfits - 1998 (give or take) - Camden Underworld

Comment

Echo and the bunnymen on the 9th Dec 1985 at the Royal court in Liverpool on the songs to learn and sing tour,with The woodentops supporting,good memories of a great show

Comment

Blondie and the incredible Debbie Harry at Glasgow Barrowlands - what a nite ......................... the gig was pretty good too.

Must admit I havent been to very many live shows .... U2 at Murrayfield was exceptionally awesome and probably my favourite . Deacon Blue at Barrowlands and Cher at the SECC ...oh , and Aztec Camera and Culture Club before they were famous at Nitemoves in Glasgow.

That's about it I'm afraid.

Comment

My first live concert was to see Madonna on the Who's that girl tour 1987 at Wembly Stadium. It was great! I was only 14 and i've never forgot it. It was a red hot day and we stood for hours waiting to get in, well worth it though. Seen her 3 times in total.
                                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                                X