If you could turn back time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could turn back time

I'd go back to the time between the world wars when the world was just starting to become a smaller place but the far corners of the Empire would still take weeks to reach. (not £25 from Easy Jet) and life was not instant
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

oh or the 80's and be part of that Cher video of the same name as this thread!
      The eyes have it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aidanagain View Post
        Burbs ( #15 ) : sorry to hear about your Dad. His number was up right then & if you'd alerted him to his heart complaint, smething else would've done for him. Out of your hands, don't beat yourself up.
        Thanks Aidan. Much appreciated

Comment

19 december 2001.
          the day my wife of ten years was murdered.

grisly i know, but the truth nonetheless.

Comment

I have read these and some have brought tears. For me it would be midday on the 24th of November 1966 as long as I could take Oggy and the kids too. You see my Mom and Dad lived with my Nan just then as they had only been married 12 days earlier. Dad died at 2pm that day and Nan was with him. This way I and my family now would get to meet two very special people...and I would get to hear my Daddy say my name just once!.... going off for another little cry now.
            sigpic
            Mrs Oggy
            ~~~*~~~*~~~
            Count your friends amongst the stars....
            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Lots of love and hugs to you momma. xxx
              Heather

Comment

thanks honey... just about used up the Kleenex now
                sigpic
                Mrs Oggy
                ~~~*~~~*~~~
                Count your friends amongst the stars....
                And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

This is less important than a lot of the posts here, but I would absolutely love to go back to a summer day in the late nineties. I'd love to go back to my old block and enjoy some time with my old friends again, exploring the field full of tall weeds near the house, trading pokemon cards (at that point in time, the most important thing in the ENTIRE world! hehe), and looking forward to a visit from the ice cream truck in between water gun fights/playing 'the great escape'. Oh, and the dollar store! It was fairly far away from home, but I was the oldest of us so everyone's parents always let us go there to get some candy and those fake guns that make popping noises if I promised to take care of everyone. Great times

Comment

, Welcome to DYR Goldmoon, hope you enjoy the site.
                    Heather

Comment

1985 For Me The Best Year Ever
                      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by guitarorchestra View Post
                        19 december 2001.
                        the day my wife of ten years was murdered.

grisly i know, but the truth nonetheless.
                        Same to you as to Burbs, guitarorchestra, nowt anybody could've done. Condolences.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                          Personally,I'd be quite happy to go back and stay, as I have nothing interesting or worth holding on to in this decade,
                          |Samwe here, I'd go back to 1977 - aged 3, the earliest memories I have. Looking at the family snaps life was so much better. Of course it probably was rose coloured glasses but I'd like to have the gift of hindsight so I could really appreciate it and live my life again

Oh and make sure my parents took more photos - my years 1-10 are contained in 3 albums! Only took photos in holidays and christmas it would seem...No pics of my bedroom over the years etc...it really annoys me when I see how many pics friends have
                          Last edited by DoubleAgent; 14-07-2007, 18:24.

Comment

Mine would be any time in 1988. My uncle died in the December and i still can't really believe he's gone. It happened on the same night as Lockerbie so my head was all over the place. I'd love to be able to spend a few more days with him.

Comment

In my life time, I'd probably go back to the late 1990's when I was in my early teens acting like a teeny bopper. Me and my friends had so much fun and I had no worries about anything.

I would love to go back to the 50's and 60's tho, just to see what it was like. I love the old TV shows, and the clothes from back then.
                              sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

i would have loved to have been a new romantic back in the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                                X