Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could turn back time

Two scenarios:

Pick 1925, flapper era...film star...just a fantasy really.

Take 1972...Rock music at it's peak...living a niteclub life like my parents did. Being so jealous I couldn't wait to be 18 to go out to a Niteclub.
    Everything was so exciting back!

Comment

I would definitely make sure Mary Quant's dad used a condom so she was never born

Comment

1976, the year I started secondary school. Would love to go back with all the knowledge I've got now, I'd be a genius for 11!

Comment

I'd buy shares in a small company called APPLE and be rich in the future.
          I'd also like to go back to Whitechapel 1888 to see who Jack The Ripper was, and also meet the Elephant Man.
          And last thing I would ask out Faye from my class in the 4th year in school.
          I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

That long hot summer of 1976. If I could take my digital camera with me, I'd take lots and lots of photos of the coal trains in South Wales I grew up watching. Honestly thought they would be there for ever........

I'd like to go back to 1967, the year I was born. Visit Wattstown colliery, where my grandfather then worked.

1983, the year I left school. Say to Michelle Williams, " Michelle, (Better not, my wife may read this....)"
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I would choose between the 1950s and the swinging sixties

Comment

I would go back to around 1976--great year!--and tell my younger self to be more confident and outgoing, and make him aware of the pitfalls that lie ahead.

Comment

Beginning of the season and put my life-savings on Leicester City to win the League!!!
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                    Beginning of the season and put my life-savings on Leicester City to win the League!!!
                    Spare a thought for the Leicester fan who put a bet on them to win the league ages ago at odds of 5000:1 BUT lost his nerve after their first game and cashed the bet in !!!!!!

Comment

Think a lot of us would tell are younger selves that mate.

Id go back and relive the eighties and the fun happy times i had.
                      Some superb films and wonderful music etc etc.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                      i would go back to around 1976--great year!--and tell my younger self to be more confident and outgoing, and make him aware of the pitfalls that lie ahead.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Anyone seen that Twilight Zone episode "Walking Distance" where a guy drops his car at a garage for an oil change and walks into the town where he used to live as a child and actually travels back in time and meets himself as a child and also his parents--excellent episode, poignant and thought-provoking.

Comment

Anyone watching the TV series .. 22.11.63 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Anyone watching the TV series .. 22.11.63 ??
                            Oh yes!

Comment

I'm imposing a few rules on myself for this question. If I go back then I do not know what I know now, I just make a different decision at the point I enter reality.

Sometime in late 85 early 86 and just one person I spoke to. I'd say something different to what I actually said. Vague I know, but it's nice to write it down somewhere.

Finnthedude.

Comment

Ha! My life story is peppered with bad decisions!

Comment

Working...
                                X