Earliest memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earliest memory

Earliest memory was sitting on the kitchen floor crying as my parents was given this giant irish wolfhound called Midnight. I know that I just started walking and remember being scared of this massive dog because he was so big. My mum told me he was gentle and always layed next to me and after a couple of months I was fine with him and always fell asleep on him. We only had him for 6 months and he passed away due to having fits and I was so upset that he had gone and wanted to sleep in his bed incase he came back. My mum tried to hide his old basket but I would get to upset so she had to put it back.

Comment

Lying on the multicoloured plastic mat in the bathroom at my nanna's house, looking up at the U bend of the wash basin while my dad changed my nappy.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I was in one of those bouncy sling things that attached to doorways - I was in the doorway of the study and remember turning a full circle around in this thing, and trying desperately to twist back round so that I wasn't facing into the study, as my Mum had lots of very scary looking little porcelain dolls in there. I also remember there being a huge whisky bottle full of copper coins right next to me.

Comment

My earliest memory was looking out of the lounge window of the house I lived in at the time in Loose near Maidstone, and seeing my dad's parked Vauxhall Victor 101 estate outside. I can't have been more than 2 years old at the time.
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I've got odd memories from when I was about 2, mostly my parent's kitchen before they had it extended it.

The first memory of an event was my Aunt & Uncle's wedding in the spring on 1981.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mine comes from December 1972 - my mother took me round her friend's house just before Christmas, when I was 13 months old. The friend had a mini-bar in her lounge, and a crate of empty bottles behind the bar, which had the word "Unigate" written on it. Now, I could obviously not read, but I must have associated the symbol with a TV commercial for Unigate. Apparently, I said "OON-I-GATE".

I don't remember much else about the event, only crawling on a hideous fluffy white carpet, which, looking back, was typically 1970s.

Comment

i remember when i was real young getting a wet piece of tissue paper and putting it on the light bulb when it was on.
                i got a nasty shock.

and another is when i pushed the family tv over.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My first memory is being pushed in a pushchair (a lovely turquoise one!) and hanging over the side and watching the gaps in the pavement, I remember the noise the pushchair was making when it went over the gaps. I even remember which street it was. It must have been 71 or 72.
                  ...chilli...

Comment

Looking at some old black and white photo's with dad the other day and happened to remark on the wallpaper being shades of brown and white.Dad said,that's right then looked at me strangely then remarked that I would of been too young to remember what colour the wallpaper was.I then remarked on the green sofa which surprised him even more.The picture was from an old house we lived from 1966-1967.We moved out of there when I was 10 months old.I also have early memories of a plastic wind up clockwork duck that used to shoot along the floor.It had a hot peppery taste to the plastic which I must of got addicted to as I can remember going back for another chew/suck on it.It sort of burned your mouth mildly.

Comment

I somehow remember my Dad having a Mk1 Cavalier which he changed for a Renault 18 in 1980, when I was 2.

The only other way I have of knowing is my Dad mentioning it & 2-3 photos with it on.

I do have a patchy memory of my Uncle's Austin 1100, I'm not sure how long he had it, but was driving a Mk2 Cortina by the summer of 1982.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                        Looking at some old black and white photo's with dad the other day and happened to remark on the wallpaper being shades of brown and white.Dad said,that's right then looked at me strangely then remarked that I would of been too young to remember what colour the wallpaper was.I then remarked on the green sofa which surprised him even more.The picture was from an old house we lived from 1966-1967.We moved out of there when I was 10 months old.I also have early memories of a plastic wind up clockwork duck that used to shoot along the floor.It had a hot peppery taste to the plastic which I must of got addicted to as I can remember going back for another chew/suck on it.It sort of burned your mouth mildly.
                        My god it was probably a toxic duck! Run of the mill in those days of course.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          I somehow remember my Dad having a Mk1 Cavalier which he changed for a Renault 18 in 1980, when I was 2.

The only other way I have of knowing is my Dad mentioning it & 2-3 photos with it on.

I do have a patchy memory of my Uncle's Austin 1100, I'm not sure how long he had it, but was driving a Mk2 Cortina by the summer of 1982.
                          Some of my earliest memories of family cars include my Dad's '61 Buick Skylark and the '70 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme which replaced the Buick, my Uncle's Porsche, and my Grandmother's '64 or '65 Toyota Corona (this was long before most people had even heard of Toyota).

Comment

My first memory was of sitting on a potty, I kept pulling the fluff off the nearby rug.
                            Also I remember being bought a pair of red wellies, I liked them so much I wanted to sleep in them.
                            Well, maybe not sleep 'in' them, haha, but wearing them in bed.

Comment

My earliest memories are cutting myself on broken glass and being taken to hospital. I recall as well too having a Starsky and Hutch Car as a present for my first day at Infants School. What a cool stunning design that car was - a brilliant car indeed

Another memory I recall very very well, as if it was yesterday is the song played for the Thomas Cook Advert - "Do You Know Where Your Going To" being on TV - I think this was about 1982 though i'm unsure exactly what years it was on TV.

80sChav
                              Last edited by 80sChav; 23-09-2012, 19:07.

Comment

My earliest memory was my mum and my nana taking me in my pram to the local market and one of them bought some cooked ham, rolled a slice and gave it to me to suck on lol. Must have been about two at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X