Earliest memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earliest memory

Getting told off for putting the plug in and turning off the old 3 bar fire after coming in from the clinic, just been weighed. probably about 3.

Comment

I can remember being in my pram, and also asking to be lifted into a shopping trolley, in Hillards (remember them?)

Mixed handers have better memories than total left or right handers. And earlier ones. I'm mixed handed (was also called ambidextrous)

Comment

August 1976, lying on the bottom of a bunkbed looking at the window towards the sun, in a room in Berwick on Tweed, on holiday, this would be round about my 3rd birthday.

Comment

Another early memory is standing looking through the bars of my cot, alone in the dark with the curtains open and the white street light shining through the window.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

First day at nursery school and crying my eyes out

Comment

I left for school one morning when there was a For Sale sign outside our house. I arrived home to find a Sold sign. I ran back to school & told my teacher in tears they had gone without me. She took me home & my parents told me I was a silly boy. They had only sold the house & not moved yet lol
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Have vague memories of being in a child-seat in the back of my parents' Ford Cortina Mk 1 GT as my mother was reversing out of the drive.....turned out to be a really **** car! Must have been around 1966-1967.

Comment

WOW.
                  DANGEROUS PLAYING THERE BUT HEY THATS KIDS FOR YA.
                  PRETTY HIGH BY THE SOUNDS OF IT..

I REMEMBER MY YOUNGER BRO AS A BABY ON MY MOMS KNEE AND WHEN I WENT OVER HE DID A LITTLE TINKLE OVER MY FACE.
                  I WAS ABOUT 9 I THINK.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                  I think mine was the Queens Silver Jubilee in 1977,so I wouldn't have even been 3 years of age, but I've posted on that before, either that or my brothers and thier friends playing football, on the flat roof of the "coal house" . a Lad called Paul was in goal, not looking behind him, stepped straight off and knocked himself out cold, I was terrified as I thought he was dead!
                  Last edited by darren; 27-05-2015, 17:28.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Memories for me start around five, although I do remember nursery school and things like that.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

My first day at kindergarten. I would not let go of my mother's large flowing summer dress despite the efforts of the kindy teacher.

Comment

Working...
                      X