Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earliest memory

Whats your earliest memory?

I think mine is my first day at nursery school, some nasty boy threw sand in my eye
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Earliest memory

I think mine was the Queens Silver Jubilee in 1977,so I wouldn't have even been 3 years of age, but I've posted on that before, either that or my brothers and thier friends playing football, on the flat roof of the "coal house" . a Lad called Paul was in goal, not looking behind him, stepped straight off and knocked himself out cold, I was terrified as I thought he was dead!
    Heather

Comment

I can remember being at the house I first lived in and my sister cooking me eggy bread. We moved from there when she about 11 so it would have been before then.. she is 8 years older than me so I was about 3 or 4. She makes the best eggy bread in the world btw!
      If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

ahhh I my first eggy bread, on a Red Cross camping holiday, yum, my kids love it too.
        Heather

Comment

Ive never had eggy bread

Am i missing out?
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Yes
            Heather

Comment

Mine is actually from the late 60s...
              It was April 1967. I was 13 months old, and was given a kitten - it was a late birthday present. No-one would let me pick the kitten up, and I tried to tell them I wouldn't hurt her, but they couldn't understand what I was trying to say. My brother Alan was walking around, which is the only memory I have of him while he was able to walk, he had muscular dystrophy, and was in a wheelchair by the end of '67. I also have a few memories from the end of that year, when the same kitten, having grown up a bit, produced kittens of her own! My mum put the playpen around them, so that I couldn't get at them, but I could look at them through the bars.
              The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

My earliest memory is coming out of the hospital following an operation for appendicitis at the age of two. I was dressed in pink leggings, pink coat and a bonnet to match trimmed with burgundy velvet.

It was a great treat in those days to ride in a taxi and my mum hadcome to collect me in one. I went to get in the back and jumped back in fright !! There was someone inside ! Mum had neglected to tell me that one of our neighbours had begged that her small son be allowed to come along for the ride......
                Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I can remember being in my mums tummy!

Dont believe me??

Ask joybee...shes my mum

I can remember being in mums tum with another little boy...

when i was three or four i asked mum about it and as i remember after a few questions from her the subject was dropped.

Years later when i was older the subject arose again and i was told that during the pregnancy with me , mum suffered a bleed and thought she was going to loose me...turns out she didnt cuz im here....but ill bet you a million pound that the "other little boy" will be there to meet me at the pearly gates!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oddly,Dan.. I have always told my mother I can recall watching the TV out of her mouth, before i was born
                    Maybe,we just had a vivid dream of doing so, and its stuck in the memory

Comment

never quite sure whether its my memories or stories that I've heard so much that input the memory? if you know what I mean ......... do remember being in the sweet shop next door but one to my Dad's chippy and knowing where everything was and how much it cost! The cops ,main station was over the road as was the shakespeare street fire station and they wondered why i hated going to school !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Met and was in the arms of TUG Wilson a very famous Notts copper many times .......

Comment

I think my earliest memory may be going up a flight of stairs to go to a Play group/Mums & Tots in the Old Public Library.I can visualize it now as I sit here typing climbing the steps,remembering now how big they were..

So steep..............
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep, I went back to my primary school many years ago, (I was there 72-76)
                          the chairs,stairs,EVERYTHING, were just tiny!, but I still remember them as huge or normal size

Comment

Mine is my dad rocking me to sleep he sang Never Be One by Alabama it's a cute lullaby.
                            "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

My earliest memories are being weighed at the hospital for a routine check up and farting in the Nurses face when she lifted me out of the scales . The scales were stainless steel and had that thick green paper, (the type you get from a dispenser in a toilet nowadays to wipe your hands dry), lining it. My mum recounted the bit about the farting-and yes apparently it stunk and apparently my own fart frightened me and I started crying.....I don't get frightened by my farts now I hasten to add.....!

My other earliest memory has to be being breast fed and not liking it. I would turn my head away.

Comment

Working...
                              X