Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Broken Bones did you have as a kid..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Broken Bones did you have as a kid..

Not one!I was in my 30s when I broke my fourth metatarsel!

tulip

Comment

I loved playing my footie and i broke all my toes in my left foot i was about 10 at the time,and it really did hurt.
      You Will Never Walk Alone

Comment

not to be mean but some of those were hilarious...lol I have never broken anything but one year I got a swiss army knife that had a metal file in it. I pulled it out of the knife with my teeth (idiot) and chipped my front tooth. Went and had it replaced.
        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

When I was 5, I went to the top of a slide, sat down, pushed myself but as I did, for some unknown reason, I decided to put my leg over the side, the next thing I know I'm on the ground in a hell of alot of pain, yep, I broke my right leg! lol

When I was 15, my parents bought me some rollerblades, I was rollerblading about, came in the house, wheeled into the kitchen but when I tried to brake it wouldn't! I went flying and broke my right ankle, had to have pins put in my ankle to keep my bone together, it was sooooo painful!! the pins are out now, just been left with a pretty nasty scar

Comment

This wasn't a break but it sure felt like it! Can anybody remember hell slides? They used to be at some theme parks, a big vertical drop slide. I think they are banned now because of health and safety. Anyway I remember me and my friends daring each other to go down one for the first time but we were all scared.

You were meant to wait for one of the assistants to come and show you how to go down it safely, but I got caught up in the excitement of wanting to be first so I quickly threw myself off the top before I had time to think about what I was doing. The idea was to gradually lower yourself down, touching the vertical wall so you'd scoot nicely into the curve at the bottom. Not me. I lauched myself off about a foot away from the wall and smashed into the ground right on my coccyx. It was sooo painful but I didn't want to look stupid infront of my friends so I strained to keep the tears in. I could barely walk, let alone do anything else that day and my back had a massive black and blue for weeks afterwards.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Several bones were broke over the course of my life but none as painfull as a chipped eye socket.(every time I blinked was HELL)
              Frame.
              "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by PWC1973 View Post
                As a kid I was always comming home with a few war wounds things like Cuts,grazes and of course on the odd ocassion a Broken Bone or Two.
                On two seperate ocassions I broke my Collar bone twice.Once when I was Two and the second time I was eight.
                The first time I did it I don't remember how,but the second time I remember all to well I was playing football at the park with my mate and his dad and I stood on the ball to stop it and I still remember hearing the Collar bone crunch as it snapped as I hit the floor in a crumpled heap.And to make things it was the same Collar bone as the time before..:cry:...:cry:......
                I broke my collarbone,tooI was about 6 or 7 and had climbed onto a table to switch a light on or off and fell.My dad thought i was faking and refused to take me to hospital ,so my mother had to call an ambulance.When i arrived back home bandaged up like an egyptian mummy ,my dad never said a word.

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                  Several bones were broke over the course of my life but none as painfull as a chipped eye socket.(every time I blinked was HELL)
                  Frame.
                  OMG that sounds painful!:cry:
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqueline View Post
                    OMG that sounds painful!:cry:
                    It was,almost as bad as the five teeth that got smashed at the same time.
                    Frame.
                    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I just remembered I had this pic! lol

Comment

Aww what a sweet photo AmethystWitch!

I had a doll that had a dress like that
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I actually remember that dress, I loved it sooo much but it was so darn itchy!! lol

Comment

I broke my wrist while rollerskating and my mate accidentally broke my nose while we were playfighting but to be fair he did give me £20 and a Timberland sweat shirt as compensation.

Comment

In 1984, I slipped on some ice whilst my school bus was pulling into the bus stop, and the back wheel of the bus drove slowly over my foot. I chipped a toe bone, fractured the foot and it was black with bruising, and I had to walk around on crutches with my foot in plaster for a few weeks, but I made a full recovery.
                              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

i can imagine it was real sore judging by the painful look on your face.
                                how did it happen,and how long was it before your leg had healed.

i only ever had an odd sprain,bruises etc and considering the scrapes i got myself into that is quite an achievement.

always climbing trees,me and others jumping across the local river very narrow though.
                                all great fun though.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X