Think they were Midlands based Daz
    Heather

Comment

• Re: I ain't seen that in...yonks!

Beer delivered to your door?? Heaven

Comment

Soda Stream

Did anyone else's mum try to save money in the 80's by making their own pop, these came with gas canisters, and special little bottles. you'd make it up with awful pop flavoured syrup. IMO the pop never came out fizzy so it tasted flat and cheap!!
        Last edited by sixtyten; 26-11-2007, 02:01.
        Heather

Comment

Yes, I've owned two of them. Always ends up in a sticky mess

Comment

These are still widely available though I don't know anyone that has one these days.
            "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

LOL. You did enjoy making your own 'Pop' at the time though Heather !
              Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
              <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

This is the one we had when were growing up,but what a pain in the backside it was to make a simple bottle of pop..........
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Same as the one we had. I used to just end up making carbonated water and drinking that, as it was hard to get the right mix of syrup, and they never tasted that great ('cept Cherryade). It nearly always exploded everywhere due to overfizzing it, and that syrup was super sickly and sticky.

Comment

Its all changed now..http://www.sodastream.co.uk/gbretail...smakers&Page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                      Same as the one we had. I used to just end up making carbonated water and drinking that, as it was hard to get the right mix of syrup, and they never tasted that great ('cept Cherryade). It nearly always exploded everywhere due to overfizzing it, and that syrup was super sickly and sticky.
                      Your not wrong there carbonated water was nasty to the taste,and I always remember the bottles being very heavy.........
                      sigpic

Comment

wow, way cool, I want the top penguin pack,great new design, wonder if the flavours improved any
                        Even though the bottles had a fill level line on it, I still manged to squirt it everywhere, never got the knack of it :cry:
                        Heather

Comment

I can recall even seeing the syrups in the shops anymore, or the machines.
                          I got mine from Boots, but I think even they don't stock it anymore

Comment

It's readily available on line - even from Soda Stream itself ! I'm also sure it's still sold at larger branches of Lloyds Chemist.

We had it in the Co -op but I haven't seen any for a while
                            Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                            <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Soda Stream is available freely in Target and Kmart over here.

We used to drink them round some girl's house we used to visit (to play on her Intellivision - with voice module - B17 Bomber!), I was always gutted when they were weak and tasted like dodgy water.

Comment

You still see gold and silver chocolate coins everywhere, and in a vast quantity at this time of year. But can you still get bubblegum coins? Now these I really haven't seen in the shops in "yonks"

I seem to remember they were quite brittle and powdery?? And the Gum nearly always pink or white in colour.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X