I ain't seen that in...yonks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I ain't seen that in...yonks!

No, but we did have a series of books called "The Joy of Knowledge" and I collected a set about wild animals, but I cant remember what they were called! They were sold at the newsagents, think the first one was 99p, then £4.99 a fortnight from then on, I got quite a few, until the Newsagent informed me he had stopped stocking them, as I was the only one buying them:cry:. I suppose £4.99 was a lot for a child to pay, it used all of my pocket money.They were hard backs I remember one having a polar bear on the front, another a whale and one about "Big Cats".
    Last edited by Heather74; 29-07-2007, 15:28.
    Heather

Comment

BTW Daz, seen a few references to "The Knowhow Book of Detection" I can not find a picture anywhere, but wonder if you may have also had that one, could have had the detective type character on the cover, that you recall.
      Heather

Comment

already picked up four of them from Ebay

Comment

Great stuff, thats excellent!!! Yay, a happy ending lol, which ones have you bagged so far then?
          Last edited by Heather74; 29-07-2007, 23:43.
          Heather

Comment

Spycraft book on its way!! total cost £1.20

Comment

Bargain,Though you cant put a price on childhood memories, If only everything we have lost from the past could be bought back, still want a Jack monkey!!! Cant put a price on memories though , bet you'd have paid twice the price
              Heather

Comment

Several on Ebay at the moment, but none of them talk
                (are you sure the voices were not in your head?)

Comment

LOL, no I did find one once(after you found the non talking one) but it was listed in Amercia and they would not post to the u.k, could kick myself now for not keeping the ebay page
                  Last edited by Heather74; 30-07-2007, 11:52.
                  Heather

Comment

Originally posted by sarcymarky View Post
                    We used to try to save these if we got one

They still around??
                    That was designed by the Ozric Tentacles Guitarist Ed Wynne's father..useless trivia

Comment

I ain't seen....... people coming out of dentists with scarves over their mouths.......kids with strings linking their gloves..........black plimsols(gutties)... speaking of which.... catapults!
                      The eyes have it!
                      sigpic

Comment

I looked everywhere for mittens with strings on,when I first had children.I got told by one store assistant they were no longer allowed to sell them for health and safety reasons, apparently a number of cases of toddlers strangling themselves with the string had been reported

If black plimsols are AKA pumps/school sports shoes they are sold in woolworths for £1.49, dont think they go up to big boy sizes though, but are still part of the required school P.E kits today.

The Dentist thing I cant Explain
                        Heather

Comment

There seemed a time when every News Agents and Corner shop sold these.

Posting this, made me just remember a Small plastic fishing rod, my brother use to have, like a toy, but usable if I recall right, oh the days, down by the brook, with your nets and Jam Jars on a string, fishing for "Tiddlers" and "Sticklebacks".
                          Last edited by sixtyten; 03-08-2007, 18:27.
                          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                            There seemed a time when every News Agents and Corner shop sold these.

Posting this, made me just remember a Small plastic fishing rod, my brother use to have, like a toy, but usable if I recall right, oh the days, down by the brook, with your nets and Jam Jars on a string, fishing for "Tiddlers" and "Sticklebacks".
                            still do down here

Comment

Evening Daz

Guess they would by the sea , I can just picture you with your little net and jam jar! Didn't see any in wales though??

Got Dan searching for his Toy fishing rod now,opps
                              Last edited by Heather74; 03-08-2007, 18:35.
                              Heather

Comment

Yep, I used to go up the park with my net and jamjar catching sticklebacks

Comment

Working...
                                X