Larry Grayson's Generation Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Grayson's Generation Game

Hi there! Has anyone got the 'Generation Game' special from Scarborough, which was transmitted in 1978? I know it's on YouTube but I would really love it to own permanently on DVD so if there's anyone out there generous enough to copy me the episode, I would be forever grateful. Thanks so much
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Times Square

Re: Larry Grayson's Generation Game

The BBC does a service called Contributor Access where for a price (which is usually greater than cost of a pre-recorded tape or DVD in the shops) - they can copy the relevant episode onto one of those formats and post it to the recipient's address. As long as the person can prove that they took part in the episode (I think the main criteria was the fact that the person in question must be seen and heard in vision and sound on the programme, or their name was in the credits or something). Most contributors are people like actors, guests, game show contestants and the like. At this moment in time, the problem is that the service is on the back burner because of the coronavirus pandemic.

This link might be of help to you: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/questi...ributor-access

I have not seen the YouTube version myself, but I assume that it was from Challenge rather than an original BBC TX or a Contributor Access copy. Hope this helps.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply,George. Alas, I never took part in The Generation Game so would be unable to do that. But I am very grateful of your help, all the same
      The YouTube version is a very bad copy from what looks like a video recording off Challenge but I am happy to watch something in any condition if I love it enough I'll continue my search and hope I get more replies to my thread but doubt it
      sigpic
      Times Square

Comment

I think that is the problem - the fact that you never took part in the show itself would mean that it might be a bit more difficult to get a copy. The BBC's way of allowing contributors to get copies of programmes they appeared in probably works in a similar way to how the Data Protection Act works - an identical way as to how I obtained my own medical records a few years ago for a price.

For example, back in 1997 I wrote to Points of View about a QED documentary that had recently been transmitted, and I could be heard down the telephone line for around ten seconds quoting a line in my letter, along with the sentence and my name appearing on screen - I don't think that the BBC would assume that I would be able to get a copy of that programme in the same way that I would have been able to as a contestant in a game show or an actor in a drama.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X