No announcement yet.

Are you turning into your Mum or Dad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you turning into your Mum or Dad?

im not turning into my dad although my older bro is in a few ways.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In ways yes and no.

A few months back Kitkat ran an advert (which I did look for but had no luck) where these removal guys were riding other peoples furniture down the street in some sort of made up game. I showed my disgust for it, and the instant I did my Mum said that I knew I was grown up now because a few years ago I'd of probably laughed at it. I'm getting miserable in my old age. Just like my Dad. And Granddad.

Next I'll have a stick to stir paint and have a shed I can sit in while Emmerdale is on. It is a slippy slope.

Comment

I don't think I am but I keep bumping into people younger than my Dad who sound more old fashioned than him.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There are little things I sometimes pick up on or other people that know me and my father pick up on but not a great deal.

Comment

i seem to have gained a few traits of my mums'.......................shhhhhhh don't tell my other half i said that

Comment

Tell us what they are go on.hehe.

im starting to wear slippers and im only 37.
              thats one i picked up from my dad.NNNOO.

t
              Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              i seem to have gained a few traits of my mums'.......................shhhhhhh don't tell my other half i said that
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                Are you turning into your Mum or Dad?
                I resemble that remark....

I hope I am changing, as my mother played a very big part in making me what I am today. So like all teenagers I became a "I know better rebel." Now, I have mellowed and grown to realise that mum did know best. it happens to everyone, you reach a point where you realise that your mother is or was in my case my bets frend.

Mick
                Regards

Captain Mick

sigpic

Comment

It skipped a generation with me. I'm more like my grandfather on my mum's side. I have his build and his love of real ales. He also liked to cook and bake and again thats something I've inherited. I have my mum's temperament though (impatient) and the only similarity with my father is in relation to music. We both have different tastes but he was always telling me "They don't make em like they used to" when I was growing up and I find myself thinking the same thing thesedays as I listen to my 80s stuff.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I have my Grand Fathers temprament - both of them. And my Mothers - very fiery when pushed. I also have my Fathers great sense of lateral thinking, cool head when in a crisis and a 'rather have a quiet life' attitude of his too. I also prefer the simpler things in life these days, just as he did - a good meal, roof over my head etc. Nothing too fancy or unaffordable. I also have his immense will power not to turn to the bottle, or drugs, and think about my problems and work them out, on my own usually, just as he did. Theres always a solution to things which is something he'd usually solve over a small Thermos cup of coffee and a cigarette... Its usually tea in a mug and a rollie for me now though...Both my parents were great cooks and its been passed into me too - not a science, nothing to learn, its just done...

Neat and tidy like my Mum and like to be dressed well too - my Grand Dad, Mum were the same too...Dad did dress well, but only when he went out and about...at home it was old trews and shirts...thats how I like to remember him.

I also have my Mothers Fathers interest in politics - well, chatting about it sometimes. And definitely inherited my Mother, her Father and sadly my Fathers Fathers abilitiy to drink alcohol...I say that as my Dads Father was a real alcoholic - it ended him. So I am fearful of it turning into a habit so I don't drink often on purpose...but when I do, I can really sink em...My Father was the total opposite - probably a psychological thing, especially seeing his old man die in front of him from cirrosis of the liver...

I totally agree with MandM - parents are actually your best friend in life really - something I wish I'd known when mine were both alive...such is hindsight.

Comment

Neither I would say to be honest but my Grandad on my Dad's side - missing the generation of my Dad

I am defintley getting/becoming more stressed over "practical jobs" in the House that I used to take the "Mickey out of him for" 20 or so years back

Comment

I think that I turned into my father years ago - very wooden and conservative (if not with a Capital C of course).

Like father like son - I can understand that.

My grandfather died a few years before I was born.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                        X