Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: School sports/PE/Games

Underwear and black sandshoes in first school
    First three years of high school, the regulation white polo shirt and pleated skirt with shorts underneath in school colours and trainers
    last two years of high school - whatever we wanted. Alas it was the era when a shell suit was the garment of choice 🙈
    1976 Vintage

Comment

• Re: School sports/PE/Games

Our geography teacher was cricket mad and would come out to the field on a sunny summer lunchtime in full whites and pads and had the older boys bowl at him with the challenge that if he got bowled out (not caught) he would give the bowler a fiver.
      that was a fortune in those days.
      i used to go to my aunties for lunch so by the time I got back into school premises everyone Had tired of trying to bowl out the teacher, I asked for a shot and got him out first ball.
      teacher claimed he wasn’t ready and didn’t count

tightwad

Comment

• I can remember BAGA (was it) badge sewn onto my swimming trunks. I think we did have an egg and spoon race in primary school anyway, oh and a sack race. I think I hated the horse most in PE or maybe those two rings and those wall bars, all the boys seemed to do was watch the girls climbing them. Never did figure out why. Anyone who has seen the football scene in Kes will know that there have been some quite authoritarian sports masters across the years.

Comment

Working...
        X