Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PE and Games

i agree there tricky
    when i was at school tennis was never really played.
    when i was at my last school they had tennis courts tarmac courts.
    nit good eif you fell going fo a shot though.

its always the main sports like footie,hockey rugby etc.

i always preferred individual sports like tennis and athletics etc...
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Hated PE,but I did like music and movement.We had the monkey bars attached to the wall at school.Occassionally,they would be pulled out.Oh,the rope burns you got! At high school we went to an estate called Cleland Estate,think I have mentioned it on here before,once a fortnight for orienteering,hockey,track and field and the dreaded hockey.Hated it with a passion,scarred me for life.

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
        We sometimes had PE in the local sports centre, games would consist of either football, basketball or hockey.
        The school hall had an apparatus which was my highlight. We would either have 'daps' PE or 'barefoot' PE, I preferred the former.
        Yeah we did too! It gave us an excuse to keep our polo Shirts on NOT our School Shirts after too for afternoon lessons!!

Comment

Which did you hate/like most - if you had PE before

Lunch or last Lesson of the day!!/ i dreamed of having PE as last Lesson ... it came true luckily for me but only by the time i'd got to 6th Form and as I only did half a year in 6th Form (Year 12) it never bore it's full fruitation having PE last Lesson of the day sadly

Comment

yes i did get p.e. for my last lesson.
            Sometimes we got it first lesson so i just wore my p.e. gear under my uniform.
            i even got to run for one of my school teams.
            theere where 4 teams can only remember mine which was carson.

in secondary school we had no tennis courts although we did at my last school but they where tarmac courts.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post

I was mortified at being one of the last to war a bra, I was mortified at still wearing a vest when most of my classmates were fully developed (except for one girl who only had one proper diddy, strange that was, the other one caught up eventually and she was confident enough to live with it).
              This made me laugh. I too was a late developer but then never developed much to shout about in the end . Anyway in the first year of high school everyone wore a vest but in second year it suddenly became a big no no, boobs or not! I got teased for still wearing a vest. Most of us started wearing those cropped vest top things instead as these were deemed alright.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                I was really good at some sports and really rubbish at others. Top of the shop in high jump and often at the top for long jump and 100m sprint. I had zero stamina for running though. Always came last in anything over 200m and once threw up after my pitiful efforts in the 1500m which was embarrassing. Couldn't throw a javelin to save my life!

I was average at team games but didn't particularly like them. I was in the netball and rounders teams at primary school but dropped them in high school and hated hockey (too much running!). School never did the things I was interested in like tennis.
                what other sports where you good art in school that they never did mate.
                So you preferred individual sports at school to team sports.

I always liked running the longer events like 800m and 1500m.
                I tried rugby but i could not understand the rules and it was so brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                  Always came last in anything over 200m and once threw up after my pitiful efforts in the 1500m which was embarrassing. Couldn't throw a javelin to save my life!
                  Throwing up just shows you've tried, like throwing up after a night out means you've had a good night out lol. A lot of people throw up after races, though thankfully I haven't yet, been mighty close though!
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Primary school games were quite good and I enjoyed them. Throwing beanbags, playing on climbing frames, swimming, rounders, laughing as the teacher who couldn't do hula hoops try and do one, all good fun. Sports day was great in my primary school, all short little activities but lots and lots of them, used to love bean bag throwing. The idea was you threw a bean bag at a target on the floor about 5 yards away. Wasn't good at it, but it was enjoyment. Then we got to do dance and rhythm and motion... :cry:

We usually had PE in the school hall after dinner, in bare feet too usually. I'm not sure wether I was in a school of messy eaters or wether there was some kid determined to coat the floor in sweetcorn every day, but there was always sweetcorn on the floor without fail.

I hated PE in secondary school, mainly due to the teachers being evil and such, but I loved orienteering! We'd go to a massive nature reserve right on the coast in the summer, were given a map and compass and told to sind out which letter was on a tag on a specific location on the map. This is how I met my best friend and last month he asked me to be his best man at his wedding, to which I said of course!

Thinking about it, in primary school wasn't PE mainly glorified playing? Those bean bags and hula hoop targets taught me a very important skill in life, how to win at the hoopla stall in the annual school fete!
                    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
                      Thinking about it, in primary school wasn't PE mainly glorified playing? Those bean bags and hula hoop targets taught me a very important skill in life, how to win at the hoopla stall in the annual school fete!
                      I guess it was what you said - thinking about it Llamarama, i'd never thought of it this way before.

I think PE at Secondary School was ok if yiou could be in the same side/team as the Chavs - as they'd (sort of like protect you) at least until the end of the chosen Sport (a bit like Mooey from Grange Hill - sort of).

Comment

I remember the Charvs at my old school. They were alway's put out as bone-idle layabouts, but that was only true for one or two of them, all the rest were spot on and you could talk about almost anything with them. I remember one in particular, always picked me about midway through for rounders or cricket even though I was usually **** and ended up a back stop or a far away fielder, but it made me feel useful.

Comment

I remember the Charvs at my old school. They were alway's put out as bone-idle layabouts, but that was only true for one or two of them, all the rest were spot on and you could talk about almost anything with them.
                          Thois is true yeah, I hate sterotyping and ahte even more this kind of sterotyping about people taking aprt in Sport - that's just pure wrong, we can all compete at our own level really

Comment

Stereotyping didn't seem to work as much in my old school. Charv's and Goths got along, no-one seemed to care wether you were bright or not, it worked well. Ego played a much bigger role, people who thought they were best were determined to try to show they were best. We used to play badminton every now and then as doubles, I was once on a team with a charv, a goth and someone who took it far too seriously, so we all just used to mess around and it was all good fun.

Comment

Stereotyping didn't seem to work as much in my old school. Charv's and Goths got along, no-one seemed to care wether you were bright or not, it worked well. Ego played a much bigger role, people who thought they were best were determined to try to show they were best. We used to play badminton every now and then as doubles, I was once on a team with a charv, a goth and someone who took it far too seriously, so we all just used to mess around and it was all good fun.
                              Hmm this is what I meant by that the Chavs/tough guy's would look out for you - as long as you never "double crossed" them etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                                Hmm this is what I meant by that the Chavs/tough guy's would look out for you - as long as you never "double crossed" them etc.
                                That's pretty much it in a nut shell.

Comment

Working...
                                X