X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PE and Games

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
    That's pretty much it in a nut shell.
    Yeah, that was the good thing about PE and sport ... the kind you'd want on your side in any Sport or Game. Yeah they messed about in English/Maths etc but'd look out for you in other lessons like Art/PE!

Comment

Re: School sports days...

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      Did you love it or hate it???
      It's that time of year again for our local schools. My son won a 3rd,2nd and 1st place today, they did the classic Egg and Spoon, a Dolly in a pram race, and going though the hoops, balancing bars etc.
      My Daughters is to be held on Thursday.

I remember being in a sack race and was in front, looked behind me, only to be passed by, by another kid, also did the three legged race and the wheel barrow one, where I was the barrow, and someone held my feet.
      Do you have any stories or nightmares to share
      yes sportsday was a day i always looked forward to.
      and it really did seem to last an entire aschool day.

to be honest i liked winning but to me it was really about taking part.

i dnt know what its like now but it was just so much fun doing the sack race and the egg and spoon race.
      i was always better at the sack race than the egg and spoon.
      do they still do those two races now.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        yes sportsday was a day i always looked forward to.
        and it really did seem to last an entire aschool day.

to be honest i liked winning but to me it was really about taking part.

i dnt know what its like now but it was just so much fun doing the sack race and the egg and spoon race.
        i was always better at the sack race than the egg and spoon.
        do they still do those two races now.

I recall the "egg and spoon" and "sack race" fairly well (though it's many moon's since), but stil;l a good part of Sport (PE). Fun day's ... unlike Secondary but that held it's own merits PE wise in a way. Though i'm not trying to like i'm something wonderful (but I knew the PE Teachers) thought little of me and any potiental Sports wise i'd got, even if they saidi'd tried but if they could see me now with what i've acieved for people who needed just a bit of confidence not to feel excluded from PE in school as they were, they'd not know how to react I think.

Comment

Being picked for School Sport

I have often wished that this had happend for me. We had like a Tennis Club at lunchtime at my 2nd Secondary but not many attended it, and it never got going really, on the few occasions my and my Freinds were picked for any sport - competative or not, it was great, though a limited choice Though today there is lot's of Red Tape and everyone is encouraged to join them, regardless of you being good or not - I wish my School's had given more "Sporting Chances" than they did this.

It would be great to hear from other members what Sports they liked at school, or recall say too what Clubs etc they had! At my old secondary too (we had like an Archary Club too which was part of a Cadett's range as extra cirricular, but it closed by round about when I was in Year 9/may-be early Year 10 sadly though.

80sChav
          Last edited by 80sChav; 03-05-2012, 18:00.

Comment

Re: Being picked for School Sport

i have to say we had no clubs as such in school.

think it sad though the archery club u had lasted such a short time.
            probably because most wanted the more popular sports.

yes i just loved athletics track and field i mean.

i just loved doing the sprints as well as the longer distances 8, 15 hundred metres etc.

Comment

Running,football,cricket,volleyball,hockey.. i was good at everything. ..You can laugh (like everybody did at Susan Boyle ) but i believed then and still believe now that i was the fastest bowler in the world.Nobody ever said i wasn't quick but many commented on just how fast i was and nobody here ever saw me bowl.What i say to those who laugh is this ,"You can laugh but i guarantee you that when you are lying in your hospital bed with a couple of broken ribs and a fractured skull after facing me,you will NOT be laughing.If i cannot BOWL you out then i will KNOCK you out."

Comment

I was good at sports, but just not particularly interested.
                I was picked for the football, basketball & cricket teams, but I was never competitive enough, I never really cared about winning games, I just wanted to have a laugh.

Comment

thing was i was very competitive certainly when it came to athletics.
                  i did not go mad if i lost but i had certain tactics for the longer distances thougjh.

we had a trasck on an all weather pitch as well as one on a big field.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                  I was good at sports, but just not particularly interested.
                  I was picked for the football, basketball & cricket teams, but I was never competitive enough, I never really cared about winning games, I just wanted to have a laugh.

Comment

Though PE wasn't my best subject - it was my favourite, but kids today appear to have PE so easy! Just wish I had been picked more to play Footy for the School - though I wasn't ace at it I'd of got better if picked! Now to see what kids get today PE-wise is enough to make you cringe but people still go on about kids being obese etc. This really stuns me - what to think then!

80sChav

Comment

Re: School sports/PE/Games

One thing I was reading about recently were gym knickers being the bane of many a school girl's PE lessons.

The fact that they were made from too thick fabric was part of the problem, & often worn with pleated skirts didn't help either.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

in a way i wish id tried more sports at school.
                        tried out for more i mean.

i really wish id got to try the javelin.

i did most of the races hundred metres 2 hundred all the 15 hundred metres.
                        in school u where either one of four different teams only one i remember was carson the one which i was.
                        ok maybe id not have been good enough to represent the school but at least id have tried.

Comment

in a way i wish id tried more sports at school.
                          tried out for more i mean.

i really wish id got to try the javelin.

i did most of the races hundred metres 2 hundred all the 15 hundred metres.
                          in school u where either one of four different teams only one i remember was carson the one which i was.
                          ok maybe id not have been good enough to represent the school but at least id have tried.

Me too Darren, but sadly though this is a great thread - my abiding memory of PE is not being given many options at all/or any choice of Games really!!

I wish I had - it'd of been so much easier ... especially with Football Training and other sports groups etc that Kids have today, it would be easy now Lol

Comment

I should have tried out for more teams.

I did love volleyball u had a net in the middle which was fairly high.
                            Wed use a ball size of a football but it was a green ball.

Objective of the game was too hit the floor with the ball.
                            Wed play it indoors but u see it often being played on sand.

Comment

I should have tried out for more teams.

I did love volleyball u had a net in the middle which was fairly high.
                              Wed use a ball size of a football but it was a green ball.

Objective of the game was too hit the floor with the ball.

Wed play it indoors but u see it often being played on sand.
                              Vollyball was great Darren mate, as was Basketball! I did both as part of a Sports Course at 6th Form in the late 1990s - the best time of my life!!

The cammadari amongst mates there was ace/just like total top quality - we all loved our Sports (whatever we picked)!! I so miss them day's or rather (just that 1 year) I did there!!

80sChav

Comment

I loved doing the sack race and egg and spoon race im sure some must have glued the egg to the spoon tho.

doing sports was prob my fave part of school altho i was always the last to be picked well being the last ur not really the last to be picked.

Altho id put on a bit of weight by secondary school i can remember being called from my classroom to go and compete in either the 8 or 15 hundred metres.

Comment

Working...
                                X