Black Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sabbath

Was privileged to be at their last ever concert at the NEC Birmingham. Totally amazing evening, packed out. Previous to that the last time I saw them was when they did a charity concert at Birmingham's Academy shortly after Ozzie's mum died. Only so many tickets available and was lucky to get one of those too. Amongst the crowds were people even from the USA who had flown over for the concert.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Elbmek; 02-09-2020, 17:12.

Saw them on same tour at MEN arena.

Comment

Now that Sabbath are of the past, my 14 years old grand son told me about Sabaton. I am hooked, brilliant Swedish band

Comment

Hmm, i love metal,especially the original 70s pioneers but when i eventually saw sabbath in the late 80s they were really poor but i think i just caught them on a bad day
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

The term "heavy metal" is a very subjective one, there are lots of bands and artists tagged with the name who are not universally considered to be a part of the genre, even by the musicians themselves in some cases. Black Sabbath, though, are not one of those bands. They are universally considered to be heavy metal, without a doubt. They are the definitive heavy metal band, considered by some to have started the ball rolling
          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Judas Priest singer Rob Halford considers Black Sabbath to be the true pioneers of heavy metal music, but notes that their long-term guitarist Tony Iommi doesn't actually consider them metal. So, in his estimation, if Black Sabbath didn't really invent metal after all, then Judas Priest did It's interesting, as well, to note that Motorhead have always been considered one of the heaviest bands around, while their late bassist Lemmy Kilmister didn't personally agree with the claim that they're a heavy metal group.
            Last edited by philipdalton; 2 weeks ago.
            "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Working...
            X