Winter flu jabs 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter flu jabs 2020

Got a letter from Boots regarding this years flu jabs because over 50s can have it for free because of this virus.I have registered so they will be back in touch when I can have it done,was thinking about it before I got the letter anyone else having it done this will be my first by the way

Re: Winter flu jabs 2020

I am in receipt of benefits (he says, rather embarrassingly), so even at the tender age of 42, do you think that I would qualify for the flu jab as well?

I just hope that an equivalent inoculation for coronavirus isn't too far away - needles and syringes might not be my cup of tea, but it is worth my left arm becoming a pincushion if any sort of vaccination was to be made available tomorrow.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
      I am in receipt of benefits (he says, rather embarrassingly), so even at the tender age of 42, do you think that I would qualify for the flu jab as well?

I just hope that an equivalent inoculation for coronavirus isn't too far away - needles and syringes might not be my cup of tea, but it is worth my left arm becoming a pincushion if any sort of vaccination was to be made available tomorrow.
      If you have certain health issues then you'll qualify. My friend is 40 and has asthma, he qualifies for it.

Comment

If you do qualify if you have medical conditions then have it done

Comment

Originally posted by Danniella View Post
          If you have certain health issues then you'll qualify. My friend is 40 and has asthma, he qualifies for it.
          Do situations like anxiety and depression count?
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

If we’re all wearing masks,washing our hands regularly and social distancing,that should cut down the chances of getting the flu in the first place.We might get through the whole Winter without catching a cold!

Comment

I always have some Carex liquid soap gel between the hot and cold water taps on the kitchen and bathroom sink that I use the dispenser when I wash my hands - I am allergic to actual soap so that is what I use.

The wearing of face masks on public transport makes me anxious, but as we are all in the same boat, I suppose that there is safety in numbers at the end of the day.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                Do situations like anxiety and depression count?
                I don't think they qualify George, it's mainly chronic illnesses, I get one with working for the NHS, my advice is continue what you're doing regarding wearing a face mask and using your carex.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny77 View Post
                  If we’re all wearing masks,washing our hands regularly and social distancing,that should cut down the chances of getting the flu in the first place.We might get through the whole Winter without catching a cold!
                  Stock up on your Vitamin C intake too, I get tablets which I disolve in water, it makes a lovely orange drink, home bargain sell them for about a quid, they come in a tube and taste delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny77 View Post
                    It's the ones who don't do any of what you mentioned we have to worry about

Comment

I take boots over 50s vitamins one a day which has 23 vitamins in one tablet been taken them for 6 months,I find them really good

Comment

Great idea theyre doing this for over fifties because of covid.

Ive a few yrs till im fifty thankfully.

In some ways not getting seasonal flu is even more important than normal.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        got a letter from boots regarding this years flu jabs because over 50s can have it for free because of this virus.i have registered so they will be back in touch when i can have it done,was thinking about it before i got the letter anyone else having it done this will be my first by the way
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There is also another one similar which you can take Darren which has 22 vitamins in one tablet there is 180 tablets that last for 6 months or so for £9 I bought 3 for the price of 2 at boots

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                            There is also another one similar which you can take Darren which has 22 vitamins in one tablet there is 180 tablets that last for 6 months or so for £9 I bought 3 for the price of 2 at boots
                            They are called Boots A to Z of vitamins

Comment

I had my flu jab last week no side effects I am pleased it went ok

Comment

Working...
                              X