Skull Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skull Machine

According to the leaflet inside the box, there was also another machine called "Animal friends", which made puppies, kittens,etc in plaster.
    All the moulds were sold separately too, so once you had the machine, you could make any of them.
    I still want a chocolate skull

Comment

When I was a kid, I was lucky enough to get the skull machine and the chocolate machine.
      My best friend Richard and I lost weeks making skulls and chocolate bunnies ad nauseum!
      Eventually we crossed over to the dark side and made chocolate skulls... fantastic! We tried the plaster bunnies but they didn't have the same je nais c'est quois!
      We made loads of skulls, vampires, shrunken heads etc one halloween and my dad cut a hole in the bottom and knocked the eyes out to make lanterns which after we'd painted them were put all round the house and garden.
      I think my parents chucked both the machines out when I left home over twenty years ago... I still haven't forgiven them! And, even now as a 'forty something' I trawl 'ebay' occasionally in the hope of finding them again.
      My Husband who had every gismo going as a kid missed out on these but wants to have a go, so we'll continue to search in earnest but hopefully not in vain.

Comment

WOO HOO!!, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, i had one of these for a christmas present one year, and it was the best present ever!!!. I had a keen interest in the supernatural, so to be able to make my own monsters was simply awesome and really good fun.

Comment

The original leaflet from The Chocolate Machine Set

Comment

My cousins had one of those when we were very young.

I can still remember one of them running it without any plaster in while chanting "My crystal ball, my crystal ball, what can I see in my crystal ball?"

Until it was mentioned on the old TV Cream site I had no idea what it actually did.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I would love a skull machine.It would be wonderful if someone updated the idea,and released it.Transparent fibre glass where the buyer could insert fibre optics,so it glows in the dark and changes colours,like with fibre optic xmas trees.Would fibre glass work?

Comment

Doubt it. You have to pour layers of the pastic, then add the fibre. would not work in the dome

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0mGgdLMIlc

Comment

I sure do..I received one from Santa when I was six years old!

What a terrific toy that was!

I know nothing of the chocolate machine, but would give something to get my old skull machine (or one like it) back!

Jude

Comment

I had one when i was younger. There were several toys from around the same era that were messy or needed adult supervision such as Shaker maker, chipaway and the skull machine. That pretty much meant it was used once and if too messy my parents would find some excuse for me not to get it out. Bed time, tea time etc.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Gothic View Post
                        Does anyone remember a toy by Denys Fisher called Skull machine? I have just dug mine out of my mums attic, because I have searched the internet and had no luck finding any references to it, to prove to myself that I wasn't going mad!! I will post some pictures soon, if I get time. Hopefully, if it still works, I will have a go at making some skulls, shrunken heads or werewolf heads. I think there was also a version called the chocolate machine?
                        Sorry, I'm bumping this thread coz I just joined and I have been looking for a link to Skull Machine for ages. Yes OP, I had one of these when I was about 8 and it was one of my favourite games. The pictures really have brought back some great memories!

Comment

After years and years of looking, I've finally managed to get both the chocolate and skull machines and both in full & good working order too. Both of them have been commandeered by my husband as Christmas presents. I'm 46 & this is the first time I've felt like a kid on Christmas Eve for at least 25 years.

Comment

That may be the coolest toy I've ever seen! I'd never heard of it before (bit before my time). I'd defo have wanted one.

Comment

Hi all, I have just joined the forums as a new member and I have one of these in my garage. It's not in good shape if I'm honest but I'm going to try and repair it

Comment

Originally posted by powsie82 View Post
                                Hi all, I have just joined the forums as a new member and I have one of these in my garage. It's not in good shape if I'm honest but I'm going to try and repair it
                                Cool, keep us updated, I would love to know if you get it working and what results you get
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X