driving me mad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving me mad!

hey, can anybody remember a programme that was on in the 90s in the UK that had a team of players about 4 or 5, an they had 2 get into a lift then visit different floors and complete different challenges to i think collect differnt shapes then on the final floor they had to fit all the shapes together??? i remember one of the challenges needin two players an one player was behind a screen for the whole game but had to put his or her hands into a pair of rubber glves then with the other players guidance pass liquid filled balls down a course???

It has been driving me mad, so if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated!

hmmm...sounds very familiar....i think i might know what you're on about but i cant remeber what it was called
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

The other programme i cannot remember was based around breakfast and it included contestants goin into a large ceareal bowl to fish letters and numbers out to make words?

Comment

i may be mistaken but in the 1st show i described with the lift there may have been 1 stage where it was like a giant chess borad and the 1 player was blindfolded and he or she had to get to the otherside without a darthvader lookin figure capturin them? he would only say move an if you landed on the same square he would put his cape around you an you would disappear. i may be gettin mixed up with knightmare.

Comment

The first show i think is called "the Adventure Game"

Was there a talking plant they called grandad? and they used to say "gronda gronda" for hello. The main host was a woman i think.
          Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

thank you. the name adventure game does not ring a bell but i may be mistaken. i have a sorta recollection about the plant grandad but nothin about gronda gronda. i cannot remember the hosts name either. it is still driving me mad, but i cannot think of any more info i can give!!

Comment

just looking more into the adventure game i dont think this is the 1 wiht the lift. the adventure game was about people who landed on planet arg an collected money to give to the grandad plant and had a mole. an i dont think this was the case.
              im still unsure as to whether or not the chess borad an darthvader figure was knightmare or the lift game but i think it was the lift game. it was probably on about 1994/1995?

Comment

The adventure game was hosted by Moira stewart...There was a man who spoke backwards...he would say 'doogyrev' to ppl when they played well. At the end of the game they would have to go across a game board without stepping into an invisable vortex...if they make it across the board safely they can go home in a shuttle. grandad was a plant but he could change into a person too....he used to shake at ppl when he got cross.....i used to love this show

Comment

There was also a chess-board type game in The Adventure Game, played against "The Red Salamander". Wondering whether this is what you're thinking of.

Comment

Yes! I remember this! I've tried to describe it to friends but noone else remembers it. My favourite game was the one where they had to swim in the alphabet soup. The host controlled the lift I think? Was it called Elavator or something along those lines??

Comment

This sounds like a childrens TV programme rather than the adventure game, but I cant remember the name of it.

Comment

Is it "Eliminator?"

http://www.endemoluk.com/formats/?dy...20031212170555

Sounds like it.

Comment

I don't think it was Eliminator. Was it called Floor 100 or Floor 101 or something? The ultimate goal was to get to this floor.

Comment

This thread has driven me mad
                            First I thought 'that's Knightmare!!' or 'The crystal maze' and then Philomena mentioned the alphabet soup and the elevator and I remember that vividly but not in those programmes, so that's confused me!

This is a good site for Knightmare, it might ring some bells.
                            http://www.freewebs.com/knightmareep...de/series1.htm

Comment

re: lift and host

watched it with my kids last year, the guy/lift hologram may be richard o'brian not sure about it somebodywith a bald head, still can't remember the name of it., heres a link for the adventure game http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/tv/k...enturegame.htm
                              hope that helps, but now its bugging me so somebody tell us what it was

Comment

Working...
                              X