Erasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erasure

One of my fave groups in the 80s is Erasure. Great to blast when driving the car and pedal to the metal....brmm! brmm!

Blue Savannah.

https://youtu.be/ivzSCihsRWc

Re: Erasure

Originally they started as a project album by Vince Clarke, who planned to have each song performed by a different singer, but Andy Bell did well enough in auditions to become get the job full time.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Hi Richard. Interesting to read your knowledge of the band. I have scant knowledge of groups and bands but their Music and style ring my bells.Many great bands in that decade and my two sons then teenagers kept me a keen listener. Erasure did so many great hits

Comment

Thanks I've been interested for a long time about the stories behind some musical acts, it helped that the series Rock Family Trees was around when I was getting more interested in music.

Comment

Fabulous, happy , uplifting songs !!

Pure pop !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ditto...Zincubus!

Comment

I like that Sometimes song by Erasure and I think Vince Clarke is a genius! I was more around for Yazoo and even that really early Depeche Mode he was in. There were a lot of good groups with synths for awhile, Clarke was maybe the most talented, unless you count Kraftwerk. Human League, Midge Ure/Ultravox and OMD were other faves for me.
              My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

While I was a bit young for that era first time round, I've bought quite a few CDs of artists from that era since then.

Comment

Many 80s bands and groups I liked. Jon and Vangelis was and is a fave but not heard ant tracks of his for many years. Simply Red, Foreigner, Kool and the Gang, Shalamar and many more.

https://youtu.be/rKqLAVyRaXw

Comment

Crackers International EP - we had that one.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember Simply Red getting airtime and press for their first album Picture Book in North America but then rarely again after that. I don't know if all their later albums were even available. They're almost thought of as a one hit wonder for Holding Back the Years which is staple on oldies stations at least. Only The Right Thing as a single got anything close to the attention of the initial album. I didn't find a copy of the Stars album until years later, I might've even figured they had broken up. There were a lot of artistes or groups like that, one hit here but had many in the UK... Dexy's, Big Country, A-ha, Flock Of Seagulls. Oops, I mentioned them... great music but the daftest haircuts! Canada had a few groups that would fit in with that early '80s synths scene... The Spoons, Men Without Hats, The Box, The Headpins, Martha & the Muffins (later just M+M)... did anyone over there get to see videos of Romantic Traffic, Nova Sun, Safety Dance, Pop Goes The World, Ordinary People, Don't It Make Ya Feel, Echo Beach or Black Stations White Stations? Those were some of the song titles.
                      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I Grow Up Listening To 80's Music .

and i have to say this i quite like Erasure Songs .

This One Is One Of My Faves from them.

Erasure - Sometimes

https://youtu.be/S1a8QABKNo0

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Bonny.....Jon & Vangelis "I hear you now".....I adore that song
                          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Erasure....Chorus I also love their ABBA re-mixes
                            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Saw Erasure in Cardiff last month, they were fab. Gotta love their ballad "Always".

Comment

Working...
                              X