Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake puppets singing Forever and Ever

Hi,
    Perhaps anyone here remembers a snakes puppet act from the 70s or 80s where the snakes sing the Forever and Ever song?
    Does anyone know the name of the act or the name of the TV show where it appeared?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200923_011912.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	264619

Thanks,
    Thunder Head.

Re: Snake puppets singing Forever and Ever

It was before my time, but I was wondering whether it the Demis Roussos or the Slik song that they had sung?

Sounds like a 1970s TV show if they were singing one of those songs as kids' shows usually have "up-to-date" music on them.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Well, I have uploaded the video to the Streamable website: https://streamable.com/31f3sc .

It seems that the version that is played in this act is Engelbert Humperdinck's version:

Comment

Managed to get it to play after a few moments, and as I can hear, it is a version of the Demis Roussos song - I didn't know that Englebert Humperdinck ever did a version of it (the singer in the clip sounds like Johnny Mathis a little bit), but no doubt that the TV show would have been made around 1976 when the song was popular - it doesn't sound as it was made in the 1980s or later. The snakes do look a little bit like worms.

I cannot be too sure, but I would hazard a guess that it is an American children's TV series, possibly a Disney or Jim Henson Muppets/Sesame Street-alike programme - whether it's ever been seen in the UK is anyone's guess. The chances are that it would have been seen on the BBC or put together for a British audience by ATV if that was the case. The audience applause and laughter seems "canned" which makes me even further that it is American. Apart from that, my guess would be an act on the Royal Variety Performance or a Saturday evening series such as Summertime Special or something, although most of those shows didn't usually use puppets as acts.

I assume that the Warner Brothers ident was from a previous recording - possibly a Woody Woodpecker cartoon or something?
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X