Bed time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed time

Typing away at 12:30am has got me thinking. What was the latest you could stay up till on a school night?
    I can remember when I was at Middle School bed time was usually at 8:30, even during Summer when it was still light outside. On Sundays it was, "you can stay up till Hart to Hart finishes, then bed time"

Re: Bed time

I think my bed time at Primary school was 7:30pm, then when you went up to what would be classed as Middle school 8.00pm,then finally High school went up to 9pm, and towards the end of High school 10pm.
    Heather

Comment

Can't remember much about primary but would be before 9pm I expect. Secondary school was always 10ish or 10.30 if allowed to stay up and have supper with me dad coming home from a back-shift. Sunday nite was always bath nite and a bit of tele(Sundy nite at the paladium) before bed. Not much later these days with a 5.30am rise.
      The eyes have it!
      sigpic

Comment

I have always had a haphazrd sleeping pattern since childhood.In primary school,about 8 onwards,it would be about 8.00 pm - 8.30 pm,or after Alias Smith and Jones.At secondary school,about the 1st to the 3rd form,i would have to be in by 9.00 pm ish,and in bed by 10.00 pm.When i got to the fourth form,i had to be in at 10.00 pm,and in bed by 11.00 pm. I still remember all my mates shuffling off earlier than others,so nobody knew they had to be in early,and the '' HARD '' would come out with '' I can stay out till 12 midnight,but i get so bored i just go home! ''.The excuses children made for having to go home early were hilarious at times,especially when others laughed at them.They would go bright red,completely angst ridden,and strank off.

Comment

I don't actually remember the time I had to go to bed when I was at junior school. But certainly, in the early years of secondary, there were usually impatient words exchanged as Mum would insist on "bed by 9:00" and I would make a fuss if there was something on TV I was enjoying; 'That's Life' on a Sunday night comes to mind.

Dad was less strict and if Mum was out - (she used to babysit for neighbours and belonged to a badminton club) - I would be allowed to stay up until 9:30 or even 10:00. I liked this because it meant I could see the 9 o'clock programmes on BBC2 that my Dad liked. I recall the TV series version of 'Paper Moon' was on at that time, and I loved it.

Comment

at middle school it was right after thats life which im sure was ten.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Th earliest I can remember was probabaly about 9pm (10pm when daqd was nightshift), used to regularly lie in bed and hear the news at ten 10 tune and pretend to be asleep when parents came in to check.

Comment

Working...
              X