Simply Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply Red

I am no fan of Simply Red but I watched the 2018 concert in Holland and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance,the orchestra were marvelous the ladies wore red dresses Mick Hucknall in his dinner suit.The audience had a great time singing and dancing it was worth while watching on sky arts the only downside was the adverts interrupting the flow overall I gave a 9 out of 10

Re: Simply Red

Yeah, watched this myself, strange song to open with Frank sinatras "all or nothing at all" which diden't really suit his style but the concert on the whole was great. My wife is a massive fan of Simply red, we are going to see them next year
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Another 2 songs from Frank It was a very good year & My Way which were both sang well.Where are you going to see them in 2021 tex?

Comment

A good time to start this thread because Simply Red's hit Fairground was number one in the charts in 1995, ironically during Goose Fair week that year! Here in Nottingham, the annual Goose Fair would have taken place later on this week but it has been cancelled this year due to the coronavirus - the first time it has been cancelled since the Second World War.

Another coincidence between Simply Red and Nottingham is the name Hucknall which is a town north of Nottingham, as well as Mick Hucknall's surname!
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          Another 2 songs from Frank It was a very good year & My Way which were both sang well.Where are you going to see them in 2021 tex?
          Manchester arena, it was meant to take place this year (october i think) but of course with the virus it had to be postponed....for a whole year!

Comment

Will masks have to be worn and not a packed house if it happens in 2021

Comment

I didn’t like them back in the day, but now I don’t mind a bit of Mick warbling in the background. Maybe my middle aged ears have grown into them.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                I didn’t like them back in the day, but now I don’t mind a bit of Mick warbling in the background. Maybe my middle aged ears have grown into them.
                Ditto, they are my wifes thing actually but i have to say if you listen to them live Hucknall is always note perfect and a lot of the songs are pretty damn catchy

Comment

Working...
                X