Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adventure game

Anyone remember The adventure game?
    Where they would go around collecting Drongas, and have to do puzzles, then try not to get caught in the Vortex.
    Can remember it BBC2 think it was on about 6pm.

Re: The Adventure game

Yes I remember it well. loved watching it as a kid! Great programme
    Heather

Comment

I certainly do -and Uncle was a type of aspidestra standing in the corner *lol* I have actually mentioned it in a thread before when Oricson was trying to remember a similar TV Series, Don't think we ever got that for him !!
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Was one of my favourite programs as a kid (with the Great Egg Race and Telly Addicts). I even made my own version of the "Drogna Game".

If you search for it on youtube you'll find a fair few episodes to pass the day.

Doogyrev doogyrev!

Comment

All the characters names were anagrams of the word 'dragon'.

Comment

At the end of the game, contestants were asked (by Carol Vorderman) how many 'coins' were on the table. They tried to guess the amount of currency but it was actually the number of fingers Carol had on the table at the time! That's really lame, but I enjoyed the show very much - there was nothing like it.
            I believe you can watch it on YouTube.
            Last edited by jason h; 13-08-2007, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
              Was one of my favourite programs as a kid (with the Great Egg Race and Telly Addicts). I even made my own version of the "Drogna Game".

If you search for it on youtube you'll find a fair few episodes to pass the day.

Doogyrev doogyrev!
              Ahh yes, doogyrev indeed. Will have a look,thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
                At the end of the game, contestants were asked (by Carol Vorderman) how many 'coins' were on the table. They tried to guess the amount of currency but it was actually the number of fingers Carol had on the table at the time! That's really lame, but I enjoyed the show very much - there was nothing like it.
                I believe you can watch it on YouTube.
                Hmm this doesnt sound right at all......The Adventure Game from the 1980's ALLWAYS finished with the vortex, there was no "guess the coins on the table" that i can either remember or find any info about.

Also the Adventure game was first broadcast in 1980 (thru to 1986) and at that time Carol Vorderman was half way thru her engineering degree which she finished in 1982, just before she landed the Job on Countdown so i doubt she ever appeared on T.A.G.

Unless this is some dodgy remake of the cult classic that i know nothing about im almost sure its wrong, but then again what do i know, i still get confused by my speak and spell

Comment

Originally posted by Woffski View Post
                  Hmm this doesnt sound right at all......The Adventure Game from the 1980's ALLWAYS finished with the vortex, there was no "guess the coins on the table" that i can either remember or find any info about.

Also the Adventure game was first broadcast in 1980 (thru to 1986) and at that time Carol Vorderman was half way thru her engineering degree which she finished in 1982, just before she landed the Job on Countdown so i doubt she ever appeared on T.A.G.

Unless this is some dodgy remake of the cult classic that i know nothing about im almost sure its wrong, but then again what do i know, i still get confused by my speak and spell
                  It wasn't Carol Vorderman, it was one of the characters called Gandor (Chris Lever) and the game was called 'how many argons around the pond'.

From Wikipedia
                  How many Argons around the pond. This was a game played just before the Vortex (possibly a time filler, if the contestants completed the whole game too fast, as it was not always played every show) The winner(s) (everyone had a chance to win) received a Green Cheese roll to triumphant fanfare. This Green cheese roll was of use when playing the Vortex (see below). Gandor would compere the game, it would start on a table with a number of drogna inside a velvet bag with draw strings. He would shake the bag and withdraw some drogna and place them on the table, then asking the first contestant "How many Argons are around the pond?" The contestants would start by adding the sides or points of the solid geometric figure that the drogna's had and fail to guess the right number. The key was that Gandor would place his fingers on the table top as he said "How many Argons are around the pond?" The number of fingers he would place down on the table would be the correct answer. Most people did not guess the answer or they would just happen to get it right by mistake.

Comment

Gosh I Forgot About This One Now Im On The Look Out For It
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I used to love it - and was VERY miffed they cancelled it because of the Challenger disaster - I was young!! It wouldn't have been very nice to show 1 or 2 or even 3 celebs stuck in space having to walk home after being zapped by the vortex

Comment

OMG I Had Forgotten This.....

I just caught a program called The 100 Greatest Kids TV Shows

they had "The Adventure Game" OMG I had forgotten it, i used to love it when i was a kid
                        MOLE MOLE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE - GRUNDA GRUNDA

Comment

This was an excellent show, I remember it briefly featured Moira Stuart, who was later replaced by a lady with long brown hair and big earrings.

I remember each week's teams not only featured well-known TV personalities of the time (e.g. Paul Darrow, who played Avon in Blake's 7, and Lesley Judd (ex-Blue Peter)), but invariably some boffin/academic, of whom I had never heard.

This would make a good DVD release (I would buy it), but I fear that some of the shows might only exist on domestic VHS/Betamax off-airs these days, or be gone completely. See:

http://www.btinternet.com/~m.brown1/advgame.htm

Comment

Sarah Lam was in the later ones, Challange repeated some Adventure Games one Xmas, along with some Stu Francis era Crackerjacks.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

What a great programme, love the theme tune. Gronda gronda, you had to say this when in presence off the aspedistra. I do find myself doing this when i pass a pot plant, haha.

Loved the vortex, was actually quite scary when I first saw it. Ha ha afraid of BBC micro graphics

Comment

Working...
                              X