Diana BBC interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diana BBC interview

I watched the programme about that interview with the BBC in 1995.
    A few Royal Correspondents were talking about Diana it was the final straw for her after she came forward and talked about her marriage to Charles

Re: Diana BBC interview

Was that the Martin Bashir job that he did for Panorama? - he was quite high profile at the time because of the Diana interview, and now he has slid down the ladder to be the BBC's Religious Affairs correspondent where he replaced Caroline "Deep Voice" Wyatt. Bashir also does the Urbi et Orbi commentating on Easter Sunday as well. The Barrymore interview he did in 2001 for Tonight with Trevor McDonald is another example of car crash television.

Going back to Diana, there has always been something creepy about the interview when watched, and after she died in 1997, it felt even more creepier not surprisingly. I thought it was in so bad taste that Rory Bremner did the 1996 Alternative Christmas Message on Channel 4 dressed as her, and I liked Bremner's shows so much.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes it was that interview with Martin Bashir,I remember watching it crazy to think it was 25 yrs ago.The Royals were not happy she came forward to speak,when she said I will never be Queen thinking now Charles will never be King either.

Comment

I would rather watch Diana in her 1981 Royal Wedding interview rather than the 1995 one that she did - more innocent times.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The first interview with the announcement of the Engagement.Her wedding dress was beautiful a real princess

Comment

That was in February 1981 - too young to remember it myself, but there was the start of a Southern region News at 5.45 on YouTube one the day that they had announced Charles and Diana's engagement.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              That was in February 1981 - too young to remember it myself, but there was the start of a Southern region News at 5.45 on YouTube one the day that they had announced Charles and Diana's engagement.
              Think they got engaged on my birthday it was a lovely ring with a sapphire think Kate Duchess of Cambridge has it

Comment

Speaking of Martin Bashir, I was sorry to hear about him being unwell with the coronavirus - I hope that he gets well very soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54639674
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Yes get well soon sir

Comment

Working...
                  X