The Likely Lads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Likely Lads

Anyone else love this great series and the follow up Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? From the pen of Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais starring James Bolam and Rdney Bewes it was a classic, the best episode had to be when they were trying to aviod the result of an England match and ended up hiding in a church, pure brilliance.

The theme tune to Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads has to be one of the best theme tunes ever.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: The Likely Lads

Yes I did, and still do, one of my faves.
    Is it being repeated anywhere on Sky etc? Read on Youtube, that James Bolam and Rodney Bewes, didn`t get on.

Comment

I've never seen it repeated anywhere but on BBC2 every now and then.

Here's a lin to Rodney Bewes's version of their friendship

http://archive.darlingtonandstockton.../16/13050.html
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post

The theme tune to Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads has to be one of the best theme tunes ever.
        Great version on this fantastic album -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magpie-Vario...8724568&sr=1-1

along with the best theme ever - Tarot from Ace of Wands!

Comment

hi, i have just joined this site, i happen to find this site on the aol search, i have been looking for the theme music to the likely lads for quite a while now, and a big thank's to you i have now ordered the album with is called magic, with the theme tune on, thank's alot, miss vampire,

Comment

hi, yes i just love watching the likely lads, i wish that they made more of them, i just love the theme music,

Comment

thank's alot Wil, for putting the link on this site, i have been searching for this theme song the likely lads for quite a while now, thank's to you i have now ordered a album called magic which has got the likely lads theme song on, many thank's, miss glazelda,

Comment

Anyone else love this great series and the follow up Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? From the pen of Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais starring James Bolam and Rdney Bewes it was a classic, the best episode had to be when they were trying to aviod the result of an England match and ended up hiding in a church, pure brilliance.

Hi yes i love watching the likely lads, i just love the theme tune, i listen to the song when i am driving my car, it is such a great song, i got the album called magpie when the theme tune on,

Comment

I've never seen it repeated anywhere but on BBC2 every now and then.

Here's a lin to Rodney Bewes's version of their friendship

Darlington and Stockton Times - At war with Bolam? Not likely!
                  Hi the likely lads was repeated on gold channel a few weeks ago, but they did not show the christmas special, i really enjoyed watching it again, it was great,

Comment

You can download the theme tune for free here Miss Grazelda Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads Theme Song (to keep you going until you get the cd version.)
                    Another great nostalgia site.
                    Last edited by ClaudineJones; 18-02-2009, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                      You can download the theme tune for free here Miss Grazelda Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads Theme Song (to keep you going until you get the cd version.)
                      Another great nostalgia site.
                      Hi yes i have tryed to download the theme tune, but for some reason it would not download so i have now brought a CD called magpie which has the tune on, which is great, thank's for telling me,

Comment

I bought it in Amazon.com but I think I'm misssing a few eposides. I read Rodney's book and it seemed like there were more.
                        Anyway, a good buy as far as I'm concerned. In the world we now live in, the past seems like the only thing worth saving.
                        Simple days. I don't even have a corner bar in my neighborhood anymore...it closed up. I moved closer to the new Jersey Shore so
                        there is more life there.

Comment

So great to find other Likely Lads fans here. I have a DVD of some of the original black and white series from the 1960s but I think many must have been lost; the BBC didn't keep everything back then. A good reference site here: http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/the...lads/episodes/ shows that there were originally 21 episodes.

I do, however, have every episode of the sequel "Whatever Happened to..." (which I consider to be far superior anyway) plus the feature film which involved the caravan holiday where Terry got off with that foreign bird. Excellent stuff. Ant and Deck tried to revive it in recent years when they remade a famous episode but just like Paul Merton's horrendous attempt at "Hancock's Half Hour" it was sad and pointless. The only saving grace in Ant and Deck's effort was a cameo appearance of Rodney Bewes as a news seller. You can't improve on perfection though so leave well alone, I say.
                          Last edited by airfix; 07-02-2011, 11:28.

Comment

I wont argue it was a great series, but the tune made me feel morose! What with the house demolition at the start of it, I thought it was sad?

Comment

Got a few dvds of this as well.Was something like marmite.You either loved it or hated it.Remember The liver birds?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X