What Is The Worst Ad On TV At The Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Is The Worst Ad On TV At The Moment

I would also have too add that most US sitcoms are banal, and if you look closely you can see that they keep studying the floor for their marks. I dont watch them, but my daughter has a few on, its awful. The only ones I ever watched (from the USA) were M*A*S*H and Cheers.

On the UK side, that family one with Richard Sullivan and Zoe something or other - it was DIRE (again, I blame my daughter). Finally remember that one with John Thaw in? A Disaster.

Comment

Assume you mean Me & My Girl & Home To Roost?

Comment

I told you they were bad!! Cannot even remember titles!!

Comment

cannot stand the go go compare ones with that opera fella.
          his voice does my nut in..
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

of that you have my 100% agreement. I was renewing my car insurance this month, and, because of that advert, I did NOT Go Bloody Compare, ended up at Aviva, 50% off last years policy.

Comment

iI don't mind many of the adverts to be honest, but the one i'm not keen on is the new Tesco one (but because they are useing some lyrrics/part of A Fairytale Of New York) and thing's like this when they get played time and again like it will be will do a good job in tainting the song for me - if it's played too often I feel/believe sadly.

Comment

Tesco -= New York = ???

Comment

Most adverts are terrible nowadays, but the one I can't stand at the moment is the 'Holidays at home are great' advert with Stephen Fry et all. There seems to be a law now that every single advert has to have a mandatory soundtrack of somebody whistling over a ukelele or a breathy-voiced female singer singing slightly off-key to the accompaniment of whistling/ukelele. Oh, and the advert MUST be filmed with a slightly soft-focus look to it, giving it the look of the 1960's. All lovely, happy, folksy and nauseatingly twee.
                  But the worst ad on the TV at the moment is the Match.com. The girl on the platform smiled..................... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!! Make him stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
                    Most adverts are terrible nowadays, but the one I can't stand at the moment is the 'Holidays at home are great' advert with Stephen Fry et all. There seems to be a law now that every single advert has to have a mandatory soundtrack of somebody whistling over a ukelele or a breathy-voiced female singer singing slightly off-key to the accompaniment of whistling/ukelele. Oh, and the advert MUST be filmed with a slightly soft-focus look to it, giving it the look of the 1960's. All lovely, happy, folksy and nauseatingly twee.
                    But the worst ad on the TV at the moment is the Match.com. The girl on the platform smiled..................... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!! Make him stop!
                    Shoot him more like lol...

I really hate those sponsored ad breaks for sofas inbetween Corrie - I'm not apologetic in that if a woman rang rings round me like that I'd turf her out - clearly ads made by women for women - my Mum used to comment that in English society men are frightened of women and this sort of ad reiterates that fact...

Anyone seen those new electricty ads with that funny pink squidgy thing bobbing around to some Human League track? What the hell??! Then theres that HTC mobile phone ad with 'Mika Hola' some prat jumping out of a plane to film other prats...

Those Birds Eye ads with that stupid bear....oh yes, what has a puppet bear got to do with frozen food? Bring back Capt Birds Eye I say...

Comment

And then theres that stupid Halifax ad with the woman staring out the window while the footballs coming at her - wish the ball broke the window and hit her gormless face, its awful seeing the Halifax choir singing 'I Believe I can Fly' wasn't that a song by that paedo...?!

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post

Anyone seen those new electricty ads with that funny pink squidgy thing bobbing around to some Human League track? What the hell??!
                        This is my favourite ad. Don't know what it has to do with electricity mind you but I really like the cute little thing and the tune.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

oh u reminded me of this one.
                          it really does bug me this one.
                          turn it over when i see it.[
                          QUOTE=sf1378;165279]And then theres that stupid Halifax ad with the woman staring out the window while the footballs coming at her - wish the ball broke the window and hit her gormless face, its awful seeing the Halifax choir singing 'I Believe I can Fly' wasn't that a song by that paedo...?![/QUOTE]
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

nothing gets me reaching for the remote quicker then that ruddy opera singer its not funny or clever go stick where the sun dont shine
                            the only thing that comes close to wanting to make me stick needles in my eyes and ears is those meerkats im not a violent person but if i ever met the person who thought it would have the nation in fits of laughter to see those animals talk in a russian accent id punch them right where it hurts the most

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
                              nothing gets me reaching for the remote quicker then that ruddy opera singer its not funny or clever go stick where the sun dont shine
                              the only thing that comes close to wanting to make me stick needles in my eyes and ears is those meerkats im not a violent person but if i ever met the person who thought it would have the nation in fits of laughter to see those animals talk in a russian accent id punch them right where it hurts the most
                              VCCP is the agency in London that created it - I did work experience there - sadly I don't have a name for the idiot who came up with this one...lol.

Comment

The Vodaphone ads with the 'freebees' and the Argos advert with those stupid blue aliens. Also any advert selling gimmicky smartphones that will be obsolete within a month.

Comment

Working...
                                X