Ready Brek advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ready Brek advert

Urgh Ready Brek. I was very disappointed that a) I didn't glow and b) it was horrible. Ready Brek was too finely ground for me. I preferred Scotts porrage oats.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Love Ready Brek. My sister remembers Butterscotch Ready Brek when Lyons used to make it. They also used to make: Strawberry and Banana. My favourite really has to be the Chocolate one. Its hard to get hold of in shops which annoys me. I even emailed Weetabix who now make it and asked them to send me some as a matter of customer service and they fobbed me off asking me to get my supermarket manager to order some in....wouldn't happen back in the day that would it?

I also read Weetabix make: Seriously Oaty and Honey Flavour Ready Brek these days-never seen those nor seen ads for them...ridiculous that. Apparently that brand comes in Golden Honey, Apple and Rasberry...they come in packs with 8 individual microwavable sachets....news to me then. Funnily, the Original version comes with TEN satchets-again thats a bit tight on the other flavours being two less and probably costing more!

The most cheeky think Weetabix do these days is that both Chocolate and Original consist of the same amount of 500g in the box, but the Original versions box is made larger, it tricks people into buying TWO boxes of the Chocolate one as they-including myself-used to think it contained less in the box, it also makes it look more premium in a way being smaller. Still nice though. Will eat some later having read this....

Comment

i ate ready brek and i had an inner glow as i wealked to school in the morning the rest of the advert went a bit like this for a glow so bright, try ready brek.

Comment

There was another ready brek advert in the 80's which was live action and had a boy glowing and kind of throwing shapes through a housing estate on his way to school during which he scares a postman into falling off his bike..

Comment

And Not The 9 O'Clock News made fun of that ad saying you should live next door to Windscale Nuclear Plant....hence the glow.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
              And Not The 9 O'Clock News made fun of that ad saying you should live next door to Windscale Nuclear Plant....hence the glow.
              http://youtu.be/Wk0WzCtF0yY
              Please don't tell anybody
              that we're the real Duran Duran!
              We're just happy pretending
              to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

Working...
              X