Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boy george

I've met Boy George. He is very scary.

I was working in a vegetarian restaurant off Oxford Street, alone one Saturday morning, when a shaven-headed man wearing a military greatcoat came in. He was well over 6ft tall, stomped up to the counter in his massive boots, jabbed a finger at some of our products and said in a deep, mean and moody voice, "Are they veggie sausage rolls?"

At that point I realised where I recognised him from. He was Boy George!

Comment

He is a lot scarier nowadays. Did anybody watch that thing that was on a few months back about Boy George and the beginnings of Culture Club? I was very disappointed.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Do you mean the drama about him Tricky? I didn't see it but I read about it. All the interviews I've seen/read/heard with him he comes over as a very smart, talented bloke who got completely screwed up by drugs, his sexuality and the circumstances at the time.
        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          He is a lot scarier nowadays. Did anybody watch that thing that was on a few months back about Boy George and the beginnings of Culture Club? I was very disappointed.
          He did get locked up a couple of years ago for tying some bloke up against his will I believe. Scary character indeed.
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
          X