Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cap Rockets/Bombs

Default Cap Rockets/Bombs

Any other guys remember these?

They may have been posted already but can't search for the word "cap" but couldn't find them under bomb or rocket.

The paper cap went under the spring loaded firing pin then you lobbed them at your mates head/cat/dog/sister and it would set the cap off. Wonder if they still do them? Wonder if they still sell the rolls of paper caps??

You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Default Re: Cap Rockets/Bombs

Used to have these all the time, but haven't seen them in ages. I know you can still get rolls of paper caps, they haven't been banned yet, but I'm sure it won't be long!

Yeah you're right about the caps Gothic, they'll probably ban them soon. We used to set them off in our mouths with our thumbnails and blow the smoke out...and we're still here to tell the tale
    Last edited by sixtyten; 03-10-2007 at 20:04.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcymarky View Post
    Yeah you're right about the caps Gothic, they'll probably ban them soon. We used to set them off in our mouths with our thumbnails and blow the smoke out...and we're still here to tell the tale
    That's made my day. Thank you.

Can you remember Snappits/Devil bangers? We used to try and make one huge Snappit out of the whole box to create a 'nuclear bomb', as above, we're still here to tell the tale (slight radiation burns tho...).

Caps were great fun, and only cost ya 2 1/2p for 100. Still plenty of caps sold in my local toy shop (not at that price though.)
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Snappits, were they they little paper wraps that exploded when then hit the floor? Had some kind of chemical crystals in them or something?

Snappits, were they they little paper wraps that exploded when then hit the floor? Had some kind of chemical crystals in them or something?
    That's the one.

You can still get these under all sorts of names, Devil Bangers (that sort of name). Used to upset people cause if you threw them at a window they would leave a little black mark that could be a real pig to get off. Not that I ever did anything like that.
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.
    But do it all the time and they will lock you away.

Used to have the old metal ones, held together with an elastic band which you would have to pry apart to insert the cap. Looked a little like the old Buck Rogers idea of a space craft in the 21st century...
    Two or three pennys they were! Great until the band snapped and/or the nose got lost.

Any other guys remember these?

They may have been posted already but can't search for the word "cap" but couldn't find them under bomb or rocket.

The paper cap went under the spring loaded firing pin then you lobbed them at your mates head/cat/dog/sister and it would set the cap off. Wonder if they still do them? Wonder if they still sell the rolls of paper caps??

I can remember these! I used to get them free in a thing called a 'Lucky Bag'...a bag that included a bubble gum [usually with a collectable football card enclosed], some sweets that would probably be banned nowadays for the ingredients, and always a stick of liquorice. The free 'toy' was one of these or something else that was small but nonetheless amusing, the other toy I remember is a little soldier on a plastic parachute, It generally fell like a stone though! Thanks for inspiring the memories!