Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cap Rockets/Bombs

Thats a nice collection of cap bombs.
    Had quite a few of them myself.Some were white metal and fairly heavy,one was even shaped like a dumpy looking plane.Caps were cheap and came in those little cardboard containers,so many hours of fun to be had there.We used to buy whole rolls of caps for pennys.People used to throw away half pennys and we used to collect them up...caps were a favourite purchase with the money.These cap bombs we used to get everywhere from comics to lucky dips,christmas crackers or even from our local paper shop.Some were sold in tubs and the better looking ones were strung up to a piece of backing board.Have a feeling my metal ones came in a plastic bag stapled to a piece of yellow folded over card.Not something mum or dad would buy but somehow ended up with quite a few.
    Come to thing of it I also had one that used those plastic shelled percussion type caps.You really needed to give them a good throw for them to go off.I used to take mine to the new multistory car park and drop them down the stair wells.Got a good bang out of them that way.Unfortunatly caps gave away to bangers............

Comment

You can still buy 100 roll type caps but they don't go BANG!! anymore. They 'phut' and smoke only. Caps have gone PC - Gender non-biased. Cap guns you can get too, but again the caps won't make them BANG!

Caps that BANG! Dear me, couldn't ahve that could we?

The prvious ban comments are sadly not strictly wrong. Pesisted me off, I wanted a shoot-out with my boy, bought guns, and a 'Lone Star' gun too (yes you can still buy them), phutted and fizzed. Smell was the same though.

No BANG! Sad really
      Last edited by wherewasI; 16-05-2013, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by wherewasI View Post
        You can still buy 100 roll type caps but they don't go BANG!! anymore. They 'phut' and smoke only. Caps have gone PC - Gender non-biased. Cap guns you can get too, but again the caps won't make them BANG!

Caps that BANG! Dear me, couldn't ahve that could we?

The prvious ban comments are sadly not strictly wrong. Pesisted me off, I wanted a shoot-out with my boy, bought guns, and a 'Lone Star' gun too (yes you can still buy them), phutted and fizzed. Smell was the same though.

No BANG! Sad really
        NO bang NO point!

Comment

Originally posted by sarcymarky View Post
          Yeah you're right about the caps Gothic, they'll probably ban them soon. We used to set them off in our mouths with our thumbnails and blow the smoke out...and we're still here to tell the tale
          if we didn't have a cap gun we threw stones at the cap ribbons............was right tricky!

Comment

We used to ball up a load of caps and see how many could be fired together using a standard 'Spud Gun'. If you got the wad right, it could propel the potato chunk with enough force to cause a bruise.. Oh how we laughed!

Comment

I used to absolute;y love these things!

We'd use them in our battles and act as if they were huge explosions .... despite the noise of the toy hitting the floor being almost as loud as the "explosion".
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Does it count as reliving my childhood if I've never grown up?

Comment

Working...
              X