Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lewis Collins

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
    I think most actors prefer the stage. But he did have a bit of an ego problem back then, and he could have driven many producers away. He did that SAS film as well didn't he - he looked so "wooden".
    I think he had an ego problem more recent than that. I know he was fighting cancer for the last 5? years of his life. He moved to LA a good few years before that. He was seriously deluded to think he could make it in Hollywood. The Cuckoo Waltz, The Professionals, and that crappy film Who Dares Wins is about anyone ever remember him doing. Despite being the leading man in it, he wasn't in much demand afterwards for other film roles (or TV when I come to think of it).Martin Shaw doesn't come across as being as full of himself.

Comment

Lewis Co

very sad news to report the passing of Lewis Collins , who died at his home in LA after a 5 year battle against cancer.here in the UK and around the world he was best known as William Bodie, the tough former SAS soldier turned CI5 agent in the late 70s ITV tv series, The Professionals but he will be also fondly regarded here on casebook and in Ripper circles for his fine portrayal of Sergeant Godley in the two-part Jack The Ripper 1988 tv movie starring Michael Caine
      Last edited by Heather74; 12-12-2014, 14:06. Reason: removing incorrect date

Comment

Lewis died some time ago, I do not know why it has been reported as yesterday (Dec 10th). He died November 2013

1. Lewis Collins was an English actor. He was best known for his tough-guy role as Bodie in the ITV action series The Professionals, which ran from 1977 to 1983. Wikipedia

2. Born: May 27, 1946, Bidston

3. Died: November 27, 2013, Los Angeles, California, United States

4. Height: 1.80 m

5. Buried: Green Hills Memorial Park, Rancho Palos Verdes, California, United States

6. Spouse: Michelle Larrett (m. 1992–2013)

Comment

The episode of the new avengers (1976) in which he appeared was the first time he and martin shaw starred together. They later went on to star in the the professionals (1977).

Once a member of a 1960s pop group, the "Eyes", with klaus voormann and paddy chambers Also briefly a member of "The Mojos", another 60s pop group.

Passed the actual selection course for 23 SAS, one of the SAS' two Territorial Army battalions, only to be turned away from the unit because of his celebrity status

Was tested for the role of James Bond.

Last edited by darren; 27-03-2015, 15:02.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
          X