Benshaws Popwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benshaws Popwagon

I grew up in W. Yorkshire in the 70/80s and remember a flat-bed lorry going from house to house delivering all manner of coloured fizzy pop. My cousin got some delivered weekly and I was really jealious of their perpetual supply of pop.

Re: Ben Shaw's Pop Wagon

we had a "pop man" too, use to deliver Alpine pop, myself and my younger brother were allowed to choose two flavours a fortnight each, I always had cherry and pineapple, he had cola and dandelion and berdock. Happy days !
    Heather

Comment

Yeah I never had pop delivered neither,but i used to see the pop wagon round our way but i lived in Manchester (Denton)/Sunny Denton....
      But our pop wagon was AA pop in glass bottles,not the plastic ones like they are today.And yes i was upset as a young lad to see my mates round our way who's parents could afford to buy the Cola,lemonade,Dandelion and Burdock fizzy drinks for them.

And yes as soon as we got into our mates houses who had the fizzy delights delivered we used to drink them bottles dry.....
      sigpic

Comment

we briefly had one too..the limeade was lovely

Comment

Originally posted by PWC1973 View Post
          Yeah I never had pop delivered neither,but i used to see the pop wagon round our way but i lived in Manchester (Denton)/Sunny Denton....
          But our pop wagon was AA pop in glass bottles,not the plastic ones like they are today.And yes i was upset as a young lad to see my mates round our way who's parents could afford to buy the Cola,lemonade,Dandelion and Burdock fizzy drinks for them.

And yes as soon as we got into our mates houses who had the fizzy delights delivered we used to drink them bottles dry.....
          As a fellow Dentonian I also remember the AA man coming round. We didn't get anything off him either as my mum insisted on getting the cheap Panda Cola from the supermarket.

The AA man also used to have cream soda, which was fascinating to me as I'd never heard of it before. Tried it once - tasted awful.

Comment

ah now, you see, around our way, it was Lowcocks lemonade. a perpetual source of amusement getting 5p back from the empties too. and spending it on penny sweets

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973 View Post
              As a fellow Dentonian I also remember the AA man coming round. We didn't get anything off him either as my mum insisted on getting the cheap Panda Cola from the supermarket.

The AA man also used to have cream soda, which was fascinating to me as I'd never heard of it before. Tried it once - tasted awful.
              Yeah Panda cola i to remember that it was NASTY.........
              We used to get those for our pack lunches when we went on School trips or days out.
              Also the dreadfull tasting drink of Tip-Top,this came in Orange,Cherry,and Lime I think.But at least these were not fizzy as well.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X