Views:	1
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	260149
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Banjo's

The advert we all remember

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie_v...vertiser=Banjo

(sorry didn't notice somebody had already posted this!)
      Last edited by Paulos; 31-10-2012, 16:57.
      sigpic

Comment

QUOTE=ayrshireman;173566]My favourite was the toasted coconut!.
        They were gorgeous, Beach.[/QUOTE]

I always thought there was only the roasted nut version. I always remember the navy blue coloured wrapper and bright yellow Banjo logo. Hope it makes a comeback (like the Wispa did) but Banjo is nicer! Here is a photo of it (probably an import from Germany?) I could just eat one now (and try the toasted coconut one too!)

A gorgeous chocolately nutty taste

Comment

this was gorgeous and they where both gorgeous and i sure remember the ad.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Remember the ad but not really the bars, even though i know I ate them! I only vaguely remember the blue one but in my mind the wrapper was a bit like a bounty wrapper. Probably shows how little I remember of them!
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              this was gorgeous and they where both gorgeous and i sure remember the ad.
              I voted on Facebook Bring Back Banjo chocolate bar page. It would make my day if Mars brought it back. Hope fellow Banjo chocolate fans will help the campaign to bring it back!

Comment

Re: Banjos

Not quite a woman on a trapeze! Anyone remember this ad? Was in the 1950's (I think). Maybe you are all too young to remember? Why are there no eighties ads for this chocolate?

Click image for larger version

Name:	banjowafers.jpg
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	260154

Comment

Funny how banjo bars excaped my memory.I used to eat loads of them.Roasted peanut is really nice with wafer and chocolate.Funny how the ad mentioned a chocolate flavoured coating.Was the argument between uk and europe about animal fat and vegetable fat based chocolate raging that far back that we had to mention chocolate flavoured coating instead of chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    Funny how banjo bars excaped my memory.I used to eat loads of them.Roasted peanut is really nice with wafer and chocolate.Funny how the ad mentioned a chocolate flavoured coating.Was the argument between uk and europe about animal fat and vegetable fat based chocolate raging that far back that we had to mention chocolate flavoured coating instead of chocolate.
                    I am surprised that Banjo had chocolate flavour coating and not real chocolate. I thought the posters did say milk chocolate (as per the albeit vintage poster) did that include the 80s when Banjo was discontinued? I never thought Banjo would dissapear I thought it would be selling forever. I can almost taste it now......... Mars bring it back I miss it

Does anyone have any more recent posters/adverts/wrapper pictures of Banjo 60/70/80's? Would love to see them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grand.jpg
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	260160

Comment

Banjo fans there is Facebook page called - bring back banjo chocolate. It was one of my favourite chocolates. It could have the Wispa effect (and return permanently) if enough people click like on its page.

Comment

Come on Everybody "Like" the Banjo chocolate Facebook campaign! Let's help bring it back. Give it a helping hand in gaining more Likes on its FB Page! On its Page Mars mentioned if there was a demand for it they would consider bringing it back. Spread the word....
                        Last edited by Beach Life; 02-12-2012, 15:12.

Comment

come ppl click on link here to bring back banjo
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bri...69555819831128

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                          Come on Everybody "Like" the Banjo chocolate Facebook campaign! Let's help bring it back. Give it a helping hand in gaining more Likes on its FB Page! On its Page Mars mentioned if there was a demand for it they would consider bringing it back. Spread the word....
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

i did click on it. i really hope it comes back it was so very nice.
                            hopefully it will get enough momentum for itto come back.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

one two bars,texan,spangles,lemonade dipdabs,someone has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Oh and logger .i didn't like banjos but i believe they should be brought back.the attempt to recreate texan in 2007 was pitiful they tasted wrong and were too SMALL.

Comment

Working...
                                X