Lovely toffee centre

Is it available nowadays ??
    Last edited by Zincubus; 21-08-2015, 05:00. Reason: rfuy

Comment

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

A mate of mine told me about dynamite ice lollies that tasted similar to Dr Pepper and had a length of liquorice as a fuse. They were sold from a local ice cream van but did not seem to be sold in the shops. The last time he had one was around 1982 then they vanished. Has anybody else encountered them because he thinks they are very obscure?

Comment

More than likely i did try them but just cant remember them.
          So often the nicest ones dont last long.

Originally posted by arran View Post
          a mate of mine told me about dynamite ice lollies that tasted similar to dr pepper and had a length of liquorice as a fuse. They were sold from a local ice cream van but did not seem to be sold in the shops. The last time he had one was around 1982 then they vanished. Has anybody else encountered them because he thinks they are very obscure?

Comment

Comment

SEVENTIES LOLLIES AS FAR AS I KNOW.

Comment

These have all ben previously posted & they are Irish brands

Comment

Luv!
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Wizz or Big Wiz

Comment

Originally posted by pigtailz1981 View Post
                      Hi there,
                      Just been through all 41 pages and it's brought back some memories!
                      I wonder if you can help me. I'm trying to identify and ice lolly from the late 80's/early 90's as my friends think I am going crazy and I've dreamt it as they don't remember it.
                      It was a choclate flavour ice cream pop coated in strawberry flavoured ice cream and there was also popping candy in the chocolate.
                      Not sure who made it but PLEASE help me if you can!
                      Hello there. i was browsing the net myself, looking to find out about a lolly i used to love in the 90's and it sounds like you are describing the same thing as me perhaps?

i do believe it was by walls and called a big bang lolly? (if i remember right?,) it was shaped/sized like a mini milk, on the outside, was red and had the popping candy on it & i rememeber the chocolate ice cream inside too!

i don't believe they were around for very long (no idea why?) i think less than a year i got them for! dad would buy me a whole box for a fiver from herons frozen foods! i loved them they were my fave treat!

Anyone else remember them? am i right in remembering the name/brand? i am almost sure i am, but not 100%!!

i googled popping candy ice lolly and this is the nearest to it i could find (it isn't 100% the same.. but very similar!) these ones apparently only have vanilla ice cream inside, not chocolate!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=po...VdoMLmzkn-M%3A
                      Landon baby...

Comment

I remember AND liked Big Bang lollies. It's in this advert.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpApckypchw
                        Who remembers Casper and Orrible Ogre? They had 'goo' inside.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

In the 70's at Biblins adventure camp in the Forest of Dean Gloucestershire uk there was & might still be, a private house on the forest track leading up to the camp from the main road. There from the kitchen a woman used to sell lollies to us kids. She made them herself & called them "The Biblin Smash; which was a hit with us kids which was her private delight never commercially available
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X