Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very vague description of a fantasy board game from the late 80s/early 90s

This is a really long shot.

Basically all I remember of the game was the advert on UK TV. At one point the narrator describing the gameplay features would say "...and watch out for the cantankerous troll!", which quickly became a catchphrase for myself and my friends as early teenagers. Might have been 'cantankerous gnome' actually, cant quite remember. I think there was a little figure that would occupy a certain area of the game board that you had to pass through.

Anyone else remember this, it's driving me nuts!

Thanks all!

Re: Very vague description of a fantasy board game from the late 80s/early 90s

Dungeonquest?? made in 1985
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/472

This much loved game is all about surviving the Dragon's dungeon and stealing his gold. On the way you have to survive traps, cave-ins and attacks from goblins, trolls and chaos knights. (to mention a few perils) Ultimately, the player that collects the most treasure is the winner. But in my experience half the players won't make it, thats the charm of the game, it's not that easy.

The above game was orignally pubished as Drakborgen .
    Last edited by Heather74; 15-11-2007, 12:09.
    Heather

Comment

ooh I've got Dungeon Quest...was only playing it last weekend (with my 8yr old lad..he loved it!)

Added difficulty was that you had a limited number of turns to get in, get some treasure , AND get out, before sunset

(at Uni in the 80's loved playing 'Talisman'..anyone remember that?)
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I was going to suggest "Heroquest" - I still have this round my folk's but didn't have the space/luggage allowance to bring it back.

Info here.

Comment

Sorry to bump such an old thread!

Was at a car boot sale today and saw the game I was thinking off back in November last year when I originally posted!

Key To The Kingdom!

And here's the advert I was thinking of:

YouTube - Waddingtons Key To The Kingdom Advert

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the update
            Heather

Comment

Working...
            X