ok i need help asap! :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok i need help asap! :p

i need people to rack their brains out for me, my boyfriends dad had mentioned this particular game that he loved once and gave a very vague description about what it was etc, and also happened to say that he would buy it if he saw it SO lol christmas is coming up and im gna try my luck at finding this particular game for him which i think will be hard, and even harder because his description was VERY vague.. he's in his mid 40s so im not sure whether this game was about in the 70s or 80s or even the 60s.
    ok ->
    this was (im guessing) a plastic toy board game, and he mentioned something about twisting knobs on a plastic board thing and there being little flaps at either end of the board,(im trying so hard to remember what he said ) lol
    he also mentioned that it might be called 'sure shock' or something like that, i've searched google and i can't find anything remotely similar to this, so i was wondering whether someone here may know what the hell this game is, im not even sure if it would fall into the 'board game' category and i know that i really dont have a brilliant description but he didn't really give one

so yup lol please try and think thanks!!!

Re: ok i need help asap!

Hi,We could really do with a bit more to go on, i know its hard as you dont want to give the suprise away, but knobs and flaps could be anything from screwball scramble to downfall, do you know if it involved say counters, marbles, or cards??anything else to go on would a a big help.
    Heather

Comment

ok lol i'll give it a try but it was a random one off question/conversation so it will be hard to get back on that track without him suspecting something, i'm seeing him this weekend so i'll try my best! lol

Comment

, get him drunk, then he'll forget you ever asked Welcome to DYR by the way
        Heather

Comment

he doesn't drink!! lolol thanks for the welcome

Comment

Was it Downfall?

It was out years ago but the picture below is from the modern version as they still sell it. Has knobs and those look like flaps at the top.

Comment

no it wasn't downfall,,, my boyfriend gave me more info!! - apparently it was a sorta football game 0_o is that any help to anyone?? lol

Comment

Super Striker?

Comment

hrmmm u see that looks like it could be but i distinctly remember him saying sure shock,, he was a bit hazey about it still, lol this is hard ><

thankyou for the people who have replied so far by the way

Comment

I have a vague recollection of an action game called Slap Shot.
                    But can't recall any other details:cry:

Comment

My next shot

It has knobs and flaps
                      Heather

Comment

Forgot the link, doh!!
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHOOTING-SOCCE...ayphotohosting
                        Heather

Comment