Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Mystery - late 70's/early 80's - Please help identify and find

Hello!
    Could anyone participating in the forum for television help me? I saw a British mystery on t.v. in Canada in the early 1980's; it might have been produced in the U.K. in the late 70's (back then, sometimes but not always, we would receive British drama two to four years after its first British broadcasting).
    All that I can remember from it was the climax where it was discovered that in a domicile for the elderly, some very wealthy members of the local gentry whose deaths and funerals had been falsely reported, were found to be alive and well; they had been sequestered so that their heirs could collect their inheritances earlier rather than later. It may have been a serial production, and it was the sort of mystery drama that could well have been an Armchair thriller like Quiet as a Nun.
    I would be so happy if someone could help identify this mystery for me. I have been looking for a long time, and I am so very happy to have found this website!
    -MacBeth

Re: Television Mystery - late 70's/early 80's - Please help identify and find

Oh man, this rings a bell. I'm sure I saw this in Australia around the same time. I cannot remember the name or much more about it though. Great, yet another mystery program I can't remember. This is going to drive me mad.

Comment

Re: Television Mystery - late 70's/early 80's - Please help identify and find

i think it was called maelstrom

Comment

Working...
      X