Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody remember Kunzel Cakes ??

Default Re: Anybody remember Kunzel Cakes ??

I've often thought there must be some footage somewhere with Showboats in. I was watching an episode of The Sweeney today called "Down To You, Brother" from 1976. Regan was sitting at a table in a large garden with some other bloke, a "tea on the lawn" type of thing. There they were on the table, Kunzle Showboats!

I loved kunzel cakes. Yesterday I finally got around to experimenting with my own ideas. For my first attempt I chose milk chocolate (good quality), made a genoese sponge and I tried german buttercream which I've never made before. I also thought of trying a swiss meringue buttercream; maybe that would be more like the original as the owner of kunzel cakes was from Switzerland. I used a smooth sided silicon friand mould to make the chocolate cups - the most fiiddly part. If I make them again I'll probably buy ready made chocolate cups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11 DSC_2145 childish delights.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by sure2chat View Post
    I loved kunzel cakes. Yesterday I finally got around to experimenting with my own ideas. For my first attempt I chose milk chocolate (good quality), made a genoese sponge and I tried german buttercream which I've never made before. I also thought of trying a swiss meringue buttercream; maybe that would be more like the original as the owner of kunzel cakes was from Switzerland. I used a smooth sided silicon friand mould to make the chocolate cups - the most fiiddly part. If I make them again I'll probably buy ready made chocolate cups.
    Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by sure2chat View Post
    Put me down for the first batch you make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro