Swatch Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swatch Watches

im still trying to get hold of one of those watchimals, they are impossible to find, i have it saved in a search from ebay, only ones in the us for $30
    sigpic

Comment

Now here's a cool Ad, and its the first one!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4WBjEXwABo
      Heather

Comment

I had one when with the changes faces whenI was a kid too - and I remember my uncle, who was a teenager in the 80s - had a GIANT one as a clock on his bedroom wall. Does anyone remember them?!
        I think he still has it somewhere.
        sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

I still got one of these and its in mint condition... it has a green kinda wooly strap and a green and red face with a sorta swiss looking design on it..ill have to take a pic of it
          Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

I rememeber having a Swatch which had a fabric elasticated strap and you could take the watch bit off and swap it with someone elses Swatch.

edit: Doh!! I should have read ALL the posts first...it was a Pop Swatch x
            ...chilli...

Comment

I bought my "plastic" swatch in the late eighties. I had wanted one for years and I still have it somewhere though the original strap had to be replaced, I must find it, I loved that watch.

Having said that my watch at the present and has been on my wrist for the last 10 years is a Swatch, although not a plastic one it is what they call a Swatch Irony. I used to have a thing for watches and bought quite a few until I bought this one, now nothing I see can beat it.

This is the same model but not mine.
              Last edited by Paulos; 01-03-2010, 11:03.
              sigpic

Comment

I had three swatches in all. The first when I was about 11. My parents got the wrong end of fashion stick and bought me a swatch but with a black face and plain black straps because it was 'stylish'. Nooooo! Whole point was for it to be as outrageously coloured and mismatched as possible! They later bought me a red and yellow strap for it to shut me up.

Next came the pop swatch with the material strap that I remember got really sweaty and manky, then I got another swatch self-winding watch as a present. This one had a colour scheme that Timmy Mallett would have been proud of but that fashion was dead and gone by then so I never wore it. It was hideous.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

I was talking about Swatches at the weekend.

My sister had at least one in the early 1990s.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Found only picture of me wearing my Black Swatch

Comment

I can only Imagine someone asked you the time and it was of course 2'o'clock
                      Heather

Comment

Think someone asked me "Why are you wearing your Mum's teeshirt?" (which I was )

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
                          I bought my "plastic" swatch in the late eighties. I had wanted one for years and I still have it somewhere though the original strap had to be replaced, I must find it, I loved that watch.

Having said that my watch at the present and has been on my wrist for the last 10 years is a Swatch, although not a plastic one it is what they call a Swatch Irony. I used to have a thing for watches and bought quite a few until I bought this one, now nothing I see can beat it.

This is the same model but not mine.
                          tes i remember having one of these.
                          could never understand what the 3 smaller circles where meant for.
                          where they the times in different countries.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                            Found only picture of me wearing my Black Swatch

Ha ha looks like the black swatch I had. Would have been the same year.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              tes i remember having one of these.
                              could never understand what the 3 smaller circles where meant for.
                              where they the times in different countries.
                              No the first button operates a stopwatch and the three dials are minutes, seconds and 1/10th seconds for that.
                              sigpic

Comment

A mates brother[who had a market stall] and I were talking, he asked if I had a watch,
                                I said no and he handed me a brightly coloured swatch. I got it pretty oily and in no time the strap
                                fell apart. I asked him about a strap and he just threw the watch in the bin and gave me another. This
                                happened 3 or four times. I still have the last one, but it's a plain looking one, I looked it up a
                                few weeks ago it's a "Dotted Swatch". I did consider getting a strap for it, only joking.

Comment

Working...
                                X