Spooks Biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spooks Biscuits

Peak Freans is a make of biscuits like Mcvities not a shop name like Tesco, Maybe I misunderstood your post tho.
    Heather

Comment

Hi Sixty,

Yes, a black stamped out biscuit tray a bit like the chocolate box plastic, and there where about 5 in every designated coloured stack? And there might have been stickers as well in this biscuit series, ?

Comment

Also Heather, I can't vouch for the producer of the biscuits, I will ask my friends in the next few weeks, perhaps they may help.

Comment

Yes, the sticker was under one of the piles of biccies

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            Oh my gosh, this wrapper just sold for a whopping £31!!!! so much for the twelve and a half pence price sticker!!!
            Heather

Comment

You know, i'm sure I can remember the "Nabisco" logo in the corner of the wrappers for Spooks biscuits (The red triangle & what looked (to me) like a TV areial )

Comment

All the seller could tell me was that 'adams biscuits staffordshire' was printed on the back.
                Heather

Comment

They were really quite innovative and original weren't they?

Bet those E numbers had kids bouncing off walls !! Green, Yellow, Purple?

Comment

I can't quite believe I managed to find this post! These biscuits are central to one of my most vivid early childhood memories of a family picnic. It would have been around 1976/77. I remember my dad's Bronze coloured Ford Granada and can almost still taste these biscuits - especially the green and lilac ones!! I couldn't remember the name of them but googled 'classic green and purple monster biscuits from the seventies', ha ha. It's been bugging me for years what the name of these biscuites were! Thanks to everyone who posted here, I think I'll get a T-shirt made up of the original advert now - what a relief!

Comment

Can we name them?

Lilac Loony?
                      Yellow Peril?
                      Red Devil?

I havent imagined this have I? I seem to remember an advert, mostly a white background type one (a bit like the Corona pop ones) with all the different coloured biscuits on??

Comment

The biscuits are listed on post 1 (the thread starter)
                        Heather

Comment

Right! My memory must be going! I wonder if we can find an advert for the TV? It would be nice if one was recorded by accident? 1976 / 77 we had a VCR at my middle school surely some households had them? Dont think there is any ref to Spooks on the TV Ark Ads site?

Comment

Earlier today I was looking through some of my old childhood boxes when I came across a 1978 Panini Football Sticker Album. On the back cover are two stickers. One is 'Lilac Loony' the other 'Yellow Peril'. I immediately thought these are two of the characters from that 1970's biscuit brand that I can never remember the name of. I quickly went online, typed in the characters names and found this thread. At last my search is over..."Spooks'. I have had numerous conversations over the year, trying to describe these biscuits and no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Now having seen these stickers, the comic advert and the cellophane wrap I know I'm not insane. This biscuit brand really did exist! Enjoy the pictures!

http://gallery.me.com/richardesigner#100044

Comment

Brilliant, great to see a couple of the actual stickers. Thanks for posting Richard
                              Heather

Comment

I so remember these biscuits and for the life of me i could'nt remember the name of them, i also have the "Orange Ogre" sticker still!!! its stuck on my mums sewing box and has been there for years
                                Originally posted by spiceskull View Post
                                Does anyone remember Spooks Biscuits from some time in the 70's?

All I can remember is that there were five characters, and each pack of 10/15 biscuits contained 2/3 of each one, but also had a bonus sticker of one of the characters:
                                • Lilac Loonie
                                • Red Devil
                                • Green Gremlin
                                • Orange Ogre
                                • Yellow Peril

Something just prompted this nostalgia for me, and the remembrance that between my brother, my sister and I we were never able to get the set of five stickers, always missing out on Lilac Loonie.

Links to websites/images would be much appreciated, although I have already Googled unsuccessfully...

Comment

Working...
                                X