Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot, but worth a try! See if anyone remembers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long shot, but worth a try! See if anyone remembers...

Hi there.

I always remember something I saw when I was younger and would love to identify it....

Right I'm not sure if it's from the US or the UK, but I would have watched it on tv in the UK sometime during the 90's I think, not sure if it was a TV program or film but leaning towards TV.

There were a few men using a Ouija board and one by one after using it they dissapear untill it finally ends up that it was all a joke by one of them (maybe a few of them were in on it and the joke was ment only for one of them). I remember one scene where they are getting a message from the Ouija board and it spells out someing like "butleryourenext" "butler" (it might have not have been that name) was the name of one of the men..For some reason it might have been set on a ship like an old fashioned pirate ship...but that might be completely wrong so take that with a huge pinch of salt. I'm thinking it would have been a comedy but im not sure at all.

I have searched the internet for agessss and found nothing.

If anyone can help it'd be great, this has been bugging me for years!

Cheers.
    Last edited by cf2; 14-12-2007, 00:30.

Also a long shot

http://www.tv.com/agatha-christies-m...1/summary.html

or Deadly messages
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088998/usercomments
    Heather

Comment

Re: Long shot, but worth a try! See if anyone remembers...

Nah don't think it's either of those .

Thanks though!

Comment

Bump, it's been nearly 4 years since I posted this. I still don't know what it is, any ideas welcome guys?

Comment

Long shot but might this show have been long-forgotten channel 4 comedy 'Captain Butler' from 1997, starring Craig Charles?

The show featured a set of pirates with charles playing the captain. I couldn't find anything about a oujia board but one of the episodes listed on Wiki had this information:

Episode 04: "The Tale of the Ancient Mariner"
          'Then Captain Butler is in bed when the monsters voice is heard saying "Rodger is dead, then Adeel and then it's you Butler! Then a note is found on the sails "Adeel is dead, you're next Butler".

Long shot mate but hope this might be it.

Comment

Good piece of detective work ,Palazzo,even if it turns out not to be it.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
              Good piece of detective work ,Palazzo,even if it turns out not to be it.
              Cheers mate. Just discovered that Captain Butler can be seen on 4's On Demand service and took a quick look at the episode in question. I can confirm that there is indeed a oujia board used in one of the scenes so I guess this is the show we were looking for. Hope the original poster gets back and this can be put to bed!

This is the first time I have seen this show since it was first broadcast, it was only on for one series and didn't really grab anyone's attention. There must be quite a few comedies shown on channel 4 around the same time that didn't really hit the mark.

Comment

Absolutely amazing work Palazzo. I was beginning to think I'd made this up in my childhood. I knew as soon as you mentioned Craig Charles it would be the correct show...because I was (and still am) a big Red Dwarf fan and there was always some distant link there in my mind. I can't thank you enough, It will never play on my mind again. How did you find it in the end? Was it a case of googling the butler phrase?

Again, thanks a million

Comment

Captain Butler always lingered in the back of my mind, It really is a show that has been totally forgotten about. I was a huge Red Dwarf fan as a kid so when I saw this advertised in a TV magazine many years ago, nothing was going to stop me watching it! Not too long ago I did a search on IMDB under Craig Charles to see what the pirate comedy was called and I saw it was Captain Butler. Fast forward a few weeks later and I saw your post, saw you mention a pirate ship and the name Butler and had an inkling that it might very well be Captain Butler. The rest as they say, is history!

Glad to be of service!

Comment

Working...
                  X