Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: never ending summer

Default Re: never ending summer

all the seasons mixed up now it sunny at xmas snow in summer i remember waking up xmas day and it was white over but now its like a normal day
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Quote Originally Posted by xmark1234 View Post
    all the seasons mixed up now it sunny at xmas snow in summer i remember waking up xmas day and it was white over but now its like a normal day
    It can depend, we had a few very cold winters in a row then a few warmish ones.

If only the summers could be a bit more varied, we keep having wet ones, though last summer wasn't too bad.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Despite all your fond memories of snow on Xmas day...according to the Met Office is has only snowed on Xmas Day 7 times since 1900 lol !!

One thing that confuses people about white Xmases was that there was a mini-ice age in the 18th-early 19th centrury so authors from that period like Charles Dickens would remember them from their childhoods.

I remember a few snowy Xmases in the early 1980s, but there were a few whole years with next to no snowfall.
    The Trickster On The Roof

The summers of my childhood were brilliant with wall to wall sunshine guaranteed every day. Of course when the hot weather broke you'd get storms. I remember one storm (it must have been around 1983), the likes of which I've never seen since just before the Summer break at primary school when the sky darkened and it suddenly lit up with sheet and fork lightning. The colour of the clouds had turned into a purplish haze. Luckily I didn't have to walk or run home as my friend's mother gave a number of us kids a lift home. Even in the safety of the car, I was terrified at the noise this tremendous storm was making.

When we had decent summers in the 60,s & 70,s we paid for it with snow every winter

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
    Despite all your fond memories of snow on Xmas day...according to the Met Office is has only snowed on Xmas Day 7 times since 1900 lol !!
    This stat will be a little off as the met office only consider it a white Christmas if snow falls on the roof of the met office headquarters in London, but if you speak to people in northern Scotland they will have a white Christmas most years

I cant remember a single white Christmas though I do remember it snowing on Christmas eve once but it never settled

Summer holidays always seemed hotter when I was a kid than they are now but that's probably because all the good memories would have been on hot days and I have chosen to forget the days when it rained and I had to stay in
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

This year I would consider the summer to have been like the summers of my childhood I.e. Mostly warm and sunny with the odd wet day. It's been a very good one! Of course not all of my childhood summers would have been like that. I conveniently forget all of those wet days in front of the TV!

I can't really remember any white Christmasses from my childhood but there did seem to be more snow in general. Perpetual memories of snowball fights in the yard, rushing home from school to play in the snow before it got dark etc. it seemed to be every winter without fail.
    1976 Vintage

July was a good one,September has been excellent going into October still mild

Cooled down a bit now though