Red/Blue car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red/Blue car

LOL Ive just dug deep into my 45s and dug out the single what a crazy tune. I think it reached just the top 50 though should have got higher

Comment

Haha I saw this advert pop up on ITV the other night, it really took me back to when I was younger. I didn't realise they had changed the lyrics either, well spotted glam_racket and I agree, they should leave these things well alone!

Comment

Only saw the very end of the ad...didn't realise they had changed the lyrics...the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" leaps to mind.

Matt

Comment

This advert is back on tv - i have seen it twice this week on Living!
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was surprised to see this advert a few days ago. The last time I saw it was way back in about 1989 or something.

It does look new though for some reason, so I don't know if it's the exact same advert being re-shown or whether it's the same advert but re-made.
            My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Originally posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
              Yeah I was surprised to see this advert a few days ago. The last time I saw it was way back in about 1989 or something.

It does look new though for some reason, so I don't know if it's the exact same advert being re-shown or whether it's the same advert but re-made.

I think it's the same one but they have changed the lyrics a bit.

If I remember the original said '-cause he knows it won't spoil his apitite'
              and the new one says something like "-cause he knows that it will taste just right'

Has there been a revelation that Milky Ways will spoil you appitite after all these years of us believing I cold eat as many of them as I like?
              Laugh and the world laughs with you.
              But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
              sigpic

Comment

milky way ad

Moderators note post merge at this point

that ad is brill about the two cars, its werid back on our screens again, then you wont see it again for ages, what decade was it first shown? anyone know?

Comment

Re: milky way ad

We mentioned this a few weeks ago, I remember saving the tie-in tokens up in the summer of 1990.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was for Milky Bar Chocolate i am sure - one of the cars took the wrong road and the other took the "Milky Way"

Comment

Am i right in thinking they also changed the lyrics from 'but smarter blue he took the milky way' to 'but good old blue he took the milky way' ? Because it bugs me when you get the original lyrics in your head for so many years just for them to change it for no reason what so ever !

Comment

when i first saw that this advert had come back on t.v. i was grinning from ear to ear. the grin soon faded when i realised the part where red falls through the broken road was missing from it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X