Anyone remember this running in the early - mid 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember this running in the early - mid 90s

In the early to mid 90s on a Saturday morning ( i think on BBC2 though could have been C4) theere used to be a documentary filmed by a british filmaker and his wiife who were driving across the US in a station wagon. I think the original film was shot in the 60s and was on cine camera. Most of it was shot from his car window with a narrative over the top from the filmaker and it used to be accompanied by some great instrumental music that sounded like the Penguin Cafe Orchestra - though again Im not really sure.

Anybody got any idea what im rambling on about - and if so what was the show called ?

Re: Anyone remember this running in the early - mid 90s

I'm not sure if it was the same thing but I saw something on Channel 4 about that time. It was a guy who drove rental cars back from one side of the US to the other. He documented his journey and the people he met on film (it looked like 8mm). Had a lot of Pat Metheny on the soundtrack (mostly American Garage album stuff I seem to remember) which fitted perfectly. I'd love to see it again.

It certainly sounds like the same sort of thing - maybe I've got it mixed up in my mind and it was the same programme.

Comment

Re: Anyone remember this running in the early - mid 90s

Sounds like a very similar show, If i recall, in the show im trying to track down, the filmaker got held up at gun point in New York. Any advice from anybody how to identify this show.

Comment

Working...
      X